The Fisherman's Wharf > Fishing Stories

Should've called the "TOE"truck

(1/3) > >>

The Prizz:
ANTIOCH, Ill. (CBS) — The suspected human foot that fishermen caught in a lake in Antioch turned out to be a mere Halloween prop.
Around 9 a.m. Wednesday, a child told Lake County Sheriff’s deputies that while fishing in Lake Marie in Antioch, he had hooked what he thought was a human foot.
The two adults in the boat with the child agreed that the item looked to be a human foot, although it fell off the fishing line about three feet from the boat, sheriff’s police said.
Working on the assumption that the foot was a real human body part, the Antioch Fire Department’s dive team, and the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit and the Criminal Investigations division, searched the lake. They also brought out sonar equipment to assist in the search, due to low visibility in the dark water.
After about 8 1/2 hours, they did end up finding the foot. But it was a Halloween prop, not a real severed foot.
The fake foot was located at approximately 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, sheriff’s police said.

**Lost it 3ft from the boat??? What, no net???

lewk24:
haha that is awesome.

Madpuppy:
I found a pair of breast waders floating down the Missouri River a few years ago with the feet sticking out of the water, I picked them up and to my joy there was nobody in them. Turns out the feet had air trapped in them and that's what made them float feet up.

griz104:

--- Quote from: Madpuppy on Aug 13, 2011, 12:05 PM ---I found a pair of breast waders floating down the Missouri River a few years ago with the feet sticking out of the water, I picked them up and to my joy there was nobody in them. Turns out the feet had air trapped in them and that's what made them float feet up.

--- End quote ---

Man.. How i wish i could find a pair of Breast Waders...Just might trump fishing...

Madpuppy:

--- Quote from: griz104 on Aug 24, 2011, 04:28 PM ---
Man.. How i wish i could find a pair of Breast Waders...Just might trump fishing...

--- End quote ---
Unfortunatly the waders were only good from the ankle down (or ankle up depending on which way you're holding them), that's probably why they were floating down the river >:( I put them in the boat and disposed of them properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version