FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whadaya think of "The Chase"  (Read 2307 times)

kerosenecounty17

Whadaya think of "The Chase"
« on: Sep 16, 2004, 11:02 PM »
So, what do you all think?  When I first heard about it, I absolutely hated it.  I still don't think it's fair, but from an entertainment standpoint, I can see the advantages.  Saturday's race was basically a snore-fest (where did the outside groove go?), but with the chase cut-off it was pretty interesting to watch.  I guess we'll have to wait and see how the next 10 races go (especially Taladega) to really see, but so far, I think it's been pretty interesting.  Course, it don't hurt that Harvick missed the chase and is left back sucking fumes.   :D

kero

grumpymoe

Re: Whadaya think of "The Chase"
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 02:58 PM »
well...i have 1 of my favorite drivers in the chase...ryan newman...the other is out..rusty!!...i had some reservations about the new format...one that alot of people didnt think about...i think from a fans standpoint, its pretty exciting...but diminishes the fun if you driver is out...it certainly has made it much more interesting than last years snail pace finish with kenseth holding such a huge lead...i am going to call this one with 7 races to go....Dale Earnhardt....2005 Nascar Nextel Cup Champion!!!....lets see if i am right....2nd place to Ryan Newman....3rd..Jeff Gordon...4th..Kurt the Jerk   5th...Ryan Newman....Grump

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: Whadaya think of "The Chase"
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Grump, I'm a Jr. fan, so I like your prediction! Once again, Jr. takes the checkers at Talladega...'nuff said, this guy is a stud on these restrictor plate tracks. 10th to 1st in 6 laps...reminds me of his dad's final win, where he came from 31st to 1st in the final 19 laps. My heart would love to see Mark Martin win the championship, as he has come so close 2 times. And he deserves it, he really had a good year, and let's face it: he doesn't have much time left.  :-\ :( So if either Martin or Jr wins it, I'll be happy...although I wouldn't mind seeing Newman win it. Anybody but Busch!!!

-Zach

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.