FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Policy reminder...  (Read 5112 times)

Cider

Policy reminder...
« on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I just want to offer a reminder to everyone who has been interacting on the politically driven topics that this site does have a zero tolerance policy about personal attacks directed at any of its members.

I know that the majority of our banter is all in good fun, but let's try to keep in mind that we walk a fine line at times and let's not say anything that could hurt anyone's feelings and turn ugly for all of us.

We all have the right to hold our own political and social opinions.  Let's choose to respectfully disagree and keep the teasing to a harmless level of fun!

Keep in mind that no matter what your political/social beliefs we all have one thing in common:  we love the outdoors and are here to fish!!

TimC1086

Re: Policy reminder...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Yes sir, you conservative dog!

Oops.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Noted Sir!!! Mr President Sir!!   ;D ;D
Cider for Pres!!!

Just hope the other one know's how to catch the rocks when there thrown back!!  ;D

Steve, Sir!!       :-*
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:53 PM »
yes sir cider...second USMC.....nothing personal.......nail guns sharp or dull......never mind...just all in fun.......tightlines everyone......grump ;D ;D

fozsey

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2004, 07:22 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Boss. No personal attacks interded. I think all but one of us has reported SIR.  ;D

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Cider,

Agreed. This has been the best sight I have found. I have had disagreements with members on here, but it's more debate about a specific tactic or position rather than bashing the other person for their beliefs. It has always been civil and I still respect those people just as much and enjoy talking fishing with all of us.

Tyler

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2004, 08:52 AM »
Sir sorry sir. Sir I've been distracted by actual life sir.Sir it won't happen again Sir. Sir MF reporting for comment sir.  ;D Sir I never ment to do you or anyothers no harm sir.
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Mbart

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2004, 10:28 PM »
Are the Bush/Cheney slogans at the bottoms of posts politically driven? Is that too much of a question to ask ?  I certainly could do without seeing them.

buzzbomb

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2004, 08:47 AM »
I don't think that's offensive content, it's more like freedom of speech (it is an election year , after all).  Without the 2 party system you might not even be allowed to gripe about it! ;)  Just add yr. own slogan to your signature, comrade! ;D

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2004, 11:37 PM »
How do we turn in moderators if we think they are abusing their privaleges and they themselves are personally attacking you?

Cider

« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2004, 11:59 PM »
How do we turn in moderators if we think they are abusing their privaleges and they themselves are personally attacking you?

Just click on the "Report to Moderator" link underneath the post in question just like you would for any other member on these sites.  Moderators are not immune from the rules and we answer to the administration for our actions.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2004, 07:25 AM »
As Cider said above, the moderators are also members first.  Please don't air your beef out publicly TFB, keep it in an IM format please or use the function mentioned above.  That's also why the report to moderator option is there, to notify other moderators about a potential problem without airing dirty laundry and polluting the site with argumentative inflammatory posts or turning it into a complaint department.  I'm certainly approachable as are the other moderators.  If anyone has an issue, I'm sure that they'll be happy to provide IM discussion and help folks work things out on a one on one basis.  The report to moderator report goes out to all of the moderators that are assigned to those boards.

Now go fishing!

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2004, 07:54 PM »
Are the Bush/Cheney slogans at the bottoms of posts politically driven? Is that too much of a question to ask ?  I certainly could do without seeing them.
Um, I think that you can safely say that the Bush/Cheney signs you have noticed on some posts lately are (politically driven??). It might also be surmised that the persons responsible for these hideous things actually support the President and the Vice President. I myself find them just wonderful and although I have never used them myself can't see how anyone could take offense at what is simply a tiny, tiny little bumpersticker.
Are you possibly French?????? If you love Kerry or Nader or Jacques Chirac put up you own little bumper sticker. I won't complain!!
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.