FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Orman  (Read 31698 times)

tehwarrior50

Orman
« on: Mar 20, 2012, 03:55 AM »
Anyone having any luck at Orman yet?
I went out tonight in the channel just past the bridge (toward the resavoir). I think I got one light bite but it was too windy by the dam to fish anything but jigs.

appleye

Re: Orman
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:01 AM »
Fished for a couple hours today. Wind kicked up just after launching. Caught a 17" eye second cast on a swim bait. About half hour later another one same size, same bait. Then broke the bait off and could not find another one in the boat. LOL 1000's of plastic and nope. Water was 45 when I launched and after about an hour was 44 the rest of the day. Fish came in 10' of water.

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2012, 10:46 AM »
were you up by the dam appleye? I was there Saturday from shore, and had a couple swimbaits I could have borrowed ya!

tehwarrior50

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2012, 04:58 AM »
Word on the street is that the walleye have made into the channel.

Wy-Joe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:19 AM »
Fished the face of the dam on sunday and caught 7. Six slots and one over. All males and they were leaking everywhere.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2012, 04:22 AM »
Nice work Wy-Joe. The last couple times I went out to the dam it was windy as heck. I fished the channel right on the spill way and it was good lot of bites but hard to hook with jigs. Can't wait for a calm evening on the dam.

KingCat

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2012, 10:33 AM »
I'm heading to the channel this evening for a couple hours. Will be in a white silverado if anyone else is there. Stop and say hi.

Wy-Joe

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2012, 09:05 AM »
12 eyes yesterday. 4 overs. pitching jigs at the face of the dam.

cynjon

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2012, 12:05 AM »
Went to Orman this afternoon...tried both sides of the dam face but just too much wind blowing directly into the dam.  Moved over to the canal with everyone else but no one seemed to be catching any fish.  Didn't even SEE a fish get caught today...should have gone catfishing on the Belle Fourche river instead.

KingCat

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2012, 03:22 PM »
cynjon - have you had any luck on the Belle this spring? I haven't tried, but didn't look to be running too high/fast this weekend. I'll be out there somewhere this weekend I"m sure.

cynjon

« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Haven't been out catfishing yet this spring, but a guy I work with went out 2 weekends ago and caught a 4 1/2 pounder.  Might give it a try this weekend...

tehwarrior50

« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Crazy idea.
Any one think that noodling (hand fishing)  the belle fourche river would be possible?

KingCat

« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2012, 02:54 PM »
oh i think a guy could noodle on the belle river, there's enough gaps and holes in the banks to allow it. I for one won't do it, but i'd sure like to watch.

jgouldin

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2012, 08:30 PM »
When it gets hot  out i might be for trying it would be fun to atleast try!!!

Jynx

« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2012, 10:02 PM »
it works best after the females have laid their eggs.  thats why they go for the hands.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.