FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What pole to use???  (Read 2667 times)

gundogwanted

What pole to use???
« on: Apr 16, 2012, 07:05 PM »
OK....I am trying some new poles for trolling at Lake Oneida, NY for walleye. Using bottom bouncer with worm harness, no planners.
I have St. Croix Premier 6'6' meg/heavy with Abu Garcia ambassadeur reels, 5600c5. Want to use my Suffix 832, 20lb.
OR...St. Croix Avid spinning rods.  As follows..6'6" med/heavy 8-12; 6'6" med/heavy 10-17; and 7' med 8-12. Would like to use Suffix 832, 10lb or 20lb.
Any thought would due....
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

appleye

Re: What pole to use???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2012, 10:24 PM »
I think both rods will work fine. I like a rod with back bone but soft tip to keep a fish hooked. I also use mono when bottom bouncing. I think you need a like shock absorber with a bouncer and mono fits the bill. Depending on cover or lack of cover sets my lb test. but all around 12 to 15 for me. My two BB rods are light weight and left hand reels so I can run the boat. I like to have one of the rods in my hand in case the bite is light and I can feel bottom changes right away.

Most of my fishing is Wyoming and the Dakota's.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.