FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Season Count Down  (Read 10192 times)

UPSTATE

Re: Trout Season Count Down
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2005, 04:08 PM »
 nine days and its on  8)
just tryin to get her done

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2005, 04:58 PM »
nine days and its on  8)
the kay... is open year round above ballston spa and she looks in good condition. Not much thaw yet, but give it a week or 2 and she'll be running hard.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2005, 05:30 PM »
mmmmm our trout season never closes ;D Just thought I'd rub that in :whistling:

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:59 AM »
although our lakes have year round trout it will be nice to go to a stream and wander up and down the banks with no sled and cast

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2005, 06:34 PM »
KC you are one lucky guy to have the Kenai near you, I think just about everything runs up there right? A guy I used to work with got a 62 pound king out of their a year or two ago.
 Where I live my best bet is a small stream (butternut creek) North of Route 20. All I'd get if I was lucky is a residual stocking brown, or a tiny natural brookie. For now Ill just wait the ice out and wait till my favorite pond thaws, or till the rest of butternut opens on the 1st. Looking forward to some trout fishing this spring, and firing up the smoker for some nice smoked trout.

Actually i live on kodiak island which is an hour away from anchorage and then another 3 hour drive to the kenai. I am just fortunate enough to have some buddies who fish the kenai a lot and have enough money to be able to make trips all over the state.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

devil-man

« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2005, 02:09 AM »
...it will be nice to go to a stream and wander up and down the banks with no sled and cast

Yes, Arch, it will be. I can't wait...
The 1st is dedicated to the stream fishing demon in me.

archbishop

« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:15 AM »
good luck to you and onyunn on the first on the streams its gonna be a beautiful weekend in the 50's

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Its going to be beautiful out, but I hope the sun doesn't melt all the snow and makes the stream a rip roaring river... ::)

camo_fish

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Its going to be beautiful out, but I hope the sun doesn't melt all the snow and makes the stream a rip roaring river... ::)
Yea, with todays soaking rain and running waters, plus the ice melt, the streams are over full, how about, FLOOD STAGE, Friday looks not so good, the fish will be tight to the banks in the chocolate water.  :(  ::) I'm hoping for the 2nd week will be nicer.
JUST MY .02  :-\
River Rages On!  :'(

archbishop

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2005, 12:24 PM »
sorry to hear that down here in the western southern tier they dont look to bad and never got the soaking rain just a little drizzle although the second week probably will be better at least its not going to be a blizzard out supposed to be close to 60 all weekend may not be the best fishing but it is going to be a beautiful weekend

camo_fish

« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2005, 01:33 PM »
never got the soaking rain just a little drizzle although the second week probably will be better at least its not going to be a blizzard out supposed to be close to 60 all weekend may not be the best fishing but it is going to be a beautiful weekend
yea, but will be beautiful, lets hope, like I've said before, it seems to find rain on my days off.  :P Plan to take the canoe out and float a place.  ;D
We all know when the best trout bite is, the BUDS are the secret and magic time for the trouty trout.  ;D ;)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:06 PM »
never got the soaking rain just a little drizzle although the second week probably will be better at least its not going to be a blizzard out supposed to be close to 60 all weekend may not be the best fishing but it is going to be a beautiful weekend
yea, but will be beautiful, lets hope, like I've said before, it seems to find rain on my days off.  :P Plan to take the canoe out and float a place.  ;D
We all know when the best trout bite is, the BUDS are the secret and magic time for the trouty trout.  ;D ;)
What kind of buds? :D I know that when the lilacs are out, the bullheads are out. ;)

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:09 PM »
the BUDS are the secret and magic time for the trouty trout.   

would that be around oh say 4:20?

camo_fish

« Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:10 PM »
What kind of buds? :D I know that when the lilacs are out, the bullheads are out. ;)
Da treeeeez, when the leavvvves and fernzzzzz are budding toooo.  8)  8)
got to put the ferns in your bag to keep the brookies coooool.   8)  8)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #29 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Fern fronds, yum... ;D
You use ferns? I usually catch find them, use lots of grass when I do keep them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.