FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flicker Shad  (Read 9316 times)

black hills tj

Flicker Shad
« on: Jul 09, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Thanks to Gouldin, I may have found my new go to lure.  I caught perch, bass, pike, and rainbows on the same flicker shad this past weekend, and I know he has caught some quality eyes on em.  Pick up a couple and give em a shot if you haven't.  Definitely worth 4 bucks a piece if you ask me.  I've thrown three different colors, and have had luck on all three.  I haven't even thrown anything chartreuse yet, which I really wanted to try, but didn't because I was having such good luck on other colors.

jgouldin

Re: Flicker Shad
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I have had good luck on all colors and I think any fish will take a swing at them.  I think the best thing about them is that they have four sizes and that really helps sometimes for me when I am trying to dial in the walleyes.  I will tell you black hills tj  get your self some replacement hooks, Mustad and try to match what is on the lure the #5 and #7 has different size hooks.  I have had to replace some mostly from getting snagged but have had some fish bend them up also.  I use 14lb fireline so when i get snagged it is cheaper to replace a hook then a lure.

bbkyle35

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2012, 02:52 PM »
They are definately the hot new thing. Best part is they are half the price of most cranks, and usually outfish them.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

black hills tj

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2012, 08:16 PM »
They are definately the hot new thing. Best part is they are half the price of most cranks, and usually outfish them.

No kidding.  While they do have 3 packs for like 10 bucks, I like to pick out individual colors even if it means paying a couple more bucks.  4 bucks for a crank is way better than 6+ for raps.

jgouldin

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2012, 07:49 PM »
I just found out they came out with a new size of flicker shad a number 9 looks huge compared to the number seven!

black hills tj

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2012, 06:57 AM »
I just found out they came out with a new size of flicker shad a number 9 looks huge compared to the number seven!

Is that a step up from the 3"?  Guessing the 3" might be a number 7 because its 3" or 7 cm...

Bigger flicker shad=bigger fish???

sull155

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2012, 07:18 AM »
I trolled with them this spring for Rainbows in MA and had a lot of success, also picked up yellow perch and crappie consistently

black hills tj

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2012, 11:29 AM »
I trolled with them this spring for Rainbows in MA and had a lot of success, also picked up yellow perch and crappie consistently

I was surprised when I caught a couple perch on the 3" variety

jgouldin

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2012, 02:14 PM »
I have caught everything from 7in walleye to 8in cats to 6in crappies on the number 7 flicker shad.  Cant wait to try out the number 9  (for TJ that is 9cm you are correct and the 7 is 7cm)

black hills tj

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2012, 12:10 AM »
I have caught everything from 7in walleye to 8in cats to 6in crappies on the number 7 flicker shad.  Cant wait to try out the number 9  (for TJ that is 9cm you are correct and the 7 is 7cm)

Cats even?  Nice.  Although, I think its safe to classify an 8" cat as a kitten.

black hills tj

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2012, 04:55 PM »
I saw the size 9 Flicker Shad at Scheel's yesterday...quite the monster!  They only had a couple colors though so I didn't grab one.

jgouldin

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Alright TJ   you found your new favorite lure the flicker shad.... now lets get you a new number two lure i would go with a reef runner..... if you like pac and sherdain get a  bare naked 800 series or deep diver (you can go with a different color if you like but the bare naked  i think would do good at pac.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.