FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Downrigger Releases???  (Read 7274 times)

FLAG

Downrigger Releases???
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:19 AM »
What do you use and why? ??? ??? I am at a lose here, I have the spring clip ones and they seem to be a pain?

unreel

Re: Downrigger Releases???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:06 PM »
I believe the Black release to be the best stationary release.  Simpliest to load, be sure to twist your line 5-6 times so that there is no slipage, easy to adjust tension, I have run both light flutter spoons  and big dodgers and cut bait rigs.
For stackers I prefer Roemers only because you do not have to stop the rigger  when bringing them up.
check...http://www.fish307.com/fish/releases.htm
Hope this helps

guy

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:10 PM »
You could try ROEMER . They are adjustable.  Both up and down the cable and tension .They have a web site.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2004, 08:37 AM »
I'm with unreel on the Black's Release Clip In-line with adjustable tension (RC95). I have them just above the ball.
The pad type gave me inconsistent tension so I switched to the Black's.

marten

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2004, 02:54 PM »
  ;Dblack rule  ;D ;D ;D

FLAG

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Thanks everyone :) :) I am going to order a couple of these and give them a try.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:06 PM »
Pro-release INC.!  I love them because of the ease of use and adjustability.  They can handle the largest dodger/flasher and can be adjusted to accomidate a fly...  You can load your pole and not trip the trigger, yet a fish can trip it with ease.   Common release out on the Pacific coast, next to the old good old Offshore INC. release.

baginwal

• MFF Mod Team
  • No Politics Just Fish!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2004, 01:10 PM »
Walker black releases (as unreel and others have said).  Also I have used the medium and heavy offshore releases.  These are easy to use and have never failed me.  Everyonce and awhile the pads get worn and you get false pops.  I bought a bag of replacement pads cheap and the problem was over.  I have also used roemers but find them not worth the hassle.  I do use their stacker release though (I thinik it's called the liberator).  Works ok.

shrimp

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 02:08 PM »
The black releases are awesome!

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2004, 02:58 PM »
 i thought i saw it all this past weekend, when my buddy and i went out for lakers....what he had was bagfulls of good old elastic bands...boy was i sceptical until trying them over 2 days....no unwanted snapped bands.......quick tug on the line when one or the other had to land a fish....and so easy to reset......i asked him where he saw this....great lakes.....and cheap but very efficient....13cents/100.....grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.