MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Fly Fishing

fovorite sink tip fly line

(1/3) > >>

Mogi:
Hey all. Im really starting to get into lake fishing for big bows and browns. I'm currently using Supra Sink Tip line from Scientific Anglers in 9wt on a 6' 9wt rod. It has an 14ft weighted section and I think the sink rate is around 5-6ips. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of a sink tip line vs a full sink line?

Mogi:

--- Quote from: Mogi on Oct 12, 2013, 09:45 AM ---Hey all. Im really starting to get into lake fishing for big bows and browns. I'm currently using Supra Sink Tip line from Scientific Anglers in 9wt on a 6' 9wt rod. It has an 14ft weighted section and I think the sink rate is around 5-6ips. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of a sink tip line vs a full sink line?

--- End quote ---
Wow...chatty thread!

rgfixit:
Guess there's not a lot of sink tip fishers here :-\

I use a 7wt Cortland sink tip drifting for bass on Lake Ontario sometimes. Mostly, I stream fish with floaters. Not much help I'm afraid.

RG

Mogi:
No worries. Like you I for the most part stream and river fish. Lake fished plenty but mostly with dries or float & nymph. I was just being a smart @$$ and trying to get a few tips on...for me anyway...a new tactic.

stripernut:
I use Orvis Depth Charge line in the salt, if you are looking to get down and cast far, you can't go wrong with it, It is a sinking "Head" with a intermediate running line, which gives you a very straight "run" to your fly, giving you a better hook set then a sink tip... Not knowing how you are fishing for the brown, hope that helps???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version