FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: dumbest thing you have forgotten to take fishing  (Read 5144 times)

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Re: dumbest thing you have forgotten to take fishing
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Boat plug.  Stuffed it with a bobber and fished anyway.  Still alive to tell about it. 

stratos122

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 07:34 PM »
About 10 yrs back i forgot my plug and never noticed water was coming in till i got a mile out. I have done many other stupid things fishing over the years but thats about the worst thing i have forgotten.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 03:25 AM »
I was about 16 duck hunting at the slough. Rowed all the way back to m-7 within 200 yards of it and realized i forgot both guns. Rowed all the way back to get guns and returned to the blind again yet!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

stinkybaits

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 05:28 AM »
Quoted for truth!! :)

Thankfully Slayer fishes with me alot and keeps an eye out for my well being! :thumbup_smilie:

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 06:21 AM »
Took the ol lady out one time on an electeic only lake and forgot to plug drain also. Didnt notice til the water was coming ip thru the seat pedestal holes. Had to of been a foot of water in there at least. Luckily my bilge pumps some water cause i was about a half mile out and plug was in the truck.
Ive also forgot to charge batteries but luckily i had jumper cables, so i unhooked boat pulled truck close and proceeded to charge all the batteries.

Blue Mago

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Have forgotten my bait in the summer , ice fishing forgot my tackle ......or better , didn't load it ? and also left my shotgun home one time for a duck hunting trip ........duh !

Tuna83

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Me and a buddy took his boat out for the first time. I asked him 3 different times if the plug was in. He said yes. About 20 minutes on the water and I noticed water coming up thru the drain on the floor. Plug wasn't in... and it was in the truck! Stuck a swim bait in the drain and pumped out the water.  Fished the rest of the day and did pretty good too

RoeBoat

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 05:49 PM »
Some of these responses make me feel a little better...ha. 
This should make you feel real good then!!!

I forgot to put my Yukon in park on one of the ramps at Huntington reservoir once, not a good day!  Boat came off the trailer without anyone holding it, I got out to see what was going on and the guy that was with me stood and watched everything go in the drink!!!  The only thing that went right was that I was somehow able to drive it out of there even after I could feel the back of the truck floating.  Many gallons of water came out of the truck that day, it was still dripping when we got back to the ramp.  Thankfully the wind blew the boat back into shore so I didn't have to swim out and get it.

Get off the floor and dry your eyes Chad!

dakota

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Used to do a lot of float tube fishin.  Got to the fishin hole and didn't have my waders. ruined a pair of shoes and got my jeans wet, but got out and caught fish!

DanO2013

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 11:06 AM »
This should make you feel real good then!!!

I forgot to put my Yukon in park on one of the ramps at Huntington reservoir once, not a good day!  Boat came off the trailer without anyone holding it, I got out to see what was going on and the guy that was with me stood and watched everything go in the drink!!!  The only thing that went right was that I was somehow able to drive it out of there even after I could feel the back of the truck floating.  Many gallons of water came out of the truck that day, it was still dripping when we got back to the ramp.  Thankfully the wind blew the boat back into shore so I didn't have to swim out and get it.

Get off the floor and dry your eyes Chad!

your post may take the cake here !

it reminded me of friday night, my buddy chicagil on here dropped his boat in and it started floating away we were on the floating dock next to it and i thought 1 of us will have to swim in to get it and there goes ole chicagil with a freakin epic michael jordan jump right off the dock onto his boat...at 1st i thought he decided it would be him to swim out for it but mid air i realized what he was goin for and still thought he wouldnt make it but nailed it!!

rivereddy

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Great timing on this thread...  Just a couple of days ago I nearly pulled off a classic switcheroo....Here is what my final pretrip check list looked like:

poles -  check
tackle - check
boat bag - check
paddles - check
life jackets - check.....
All ready and set to roll, I took one last look at the Jeep and camper
and realized I had nearly forgotten the CANOE......

Nearly up a creek without a, uh, boat

rivereddy

RoeBoat

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45 PM »
DanO, I felt lucky to be able to "jump" back into the floating Tahoe!  By the time I got the truck back on dry land the boat was a good 100yds out in the res, luckily before I started swimming I realized it was floating back my way.

That must have been one heck of a jump!

libo

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 08:40 AM »
buddy called an said he was on a hot walleye bite on the st. joe in michigan, just after the season reopened in the spring. so i met him the next evening, first cast i looked over to see the CO coming down the hill. thats when i remembered i forgot to renew my license. he gave me a ticket [$145], but let me fish the rest of the evening. my first & only violation. its hell getting old. [ bite not so hot]

ftwwalleye

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23 PM »
Thanks jim...I wish I could have seen this....is there a YouTube video out there with millions of views? ;D at least you didn't lose your truck.

RoeBoat

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Thanks jim...I wish I could have seen this....is there a YouTube video out there with millions of views? ;D at least you didn't lose your truck.

No video that I'm aware of.  There was some fancy rig with some pro wake boarders there, I'm sure they had a camera but must have been sleeping.  Thought the truck was a goner, especially after I put it in gear and nothing happened.  Thankfully, it was 4wd, otherwise I would have been hiring someone to fish it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.