FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518794 times)

zwiggles

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1395 on: Jun 29, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Skunk-master,
I had the same issue, and did the same as RG & added a ton of sand, perlite, and pro mix. Seems to be helping so far.

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #1396 on: Jun 29, 2017, 09:37 AM »
ok thanks...but these are established plants.......how can i introduce that much "stuff" without messing with roots?.....I have 4 4 x 8 raised beds.....only thing I have issues with right now is pepper bed and some green onions that havent sprouted?  Is this just a solution for next year?

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

zwiggles

« Reply #1397 on: Jun 29, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Yeah that was my thought. With the plants in the ground already I think you're stuck with what you have for this year. Unless you wanted to pull them, amend the bed, and replant, but I would be hesitant to do that.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1398 on: Jun 29, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Maybe some good sized drain holes around the perimeter. You could use a hole Saw, maybe 1 1/2" and save the plugs. Or maybe get some clear corrugated and make an a frame cover to limit the rain and let it dry out. You could leave the ends open for circulation.

Lowes sells some clear couurgated 2' x 8' polycarbonate panels for around $25 that allow 93% light transmission. A little 2x2 framing would hold it.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1399 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:34 PM »

Well after a late planting and way too much rain the Garden has begun to turn the corner and is finally starting to stretch  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1400 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Looking great DD. Mine are growing like crazy. Not a ton of fruit as yet, but there's blossoms everywhere. I did harvest a couple cukes. Love this time of year.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1401 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:43 AM »
Saw a cool thing this morning. I passed a garden in town and they had used an old soccer net for a trellis. They had it strung between 2 poles and it stood about 7' high or so. I thought it was a near perfect trellis for cukes and other climbing vine plants.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1402 on: Jul 06, 2017, 09:21 AM »
I thought of doing that, but my soccer playing daughter objected to using her current net!
So, i just used bamboo sticks and made a web up and down & side to side with twine for my beans

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1403 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:40 PM »
I have soccer fields justndown the road from my house. I'm gonna try to contact them for their old nets.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #1404 on: Jul 06, 2017, 09:48 PM »
Use a fishing net works same as socker net .. jannsnetcraft sells nets and net making supplies just for the occasion.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1405 on: Jul 07, 2017, 06:07 AM »
FREE is what I'm after ;D

I'm an old cheapskate.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1406 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Looking great Eddy ..
Love being in the greenhouses in the morning when it's raining this hard... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1407 on: Jul 08, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Oops...there goes Dom's pictures >:(

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1408 on: Jul 08, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Yup..  And I haven't loaded any pictures in a while.... :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1409 on: Jul 08, 2017, 04:23 PM »

What the?????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.