FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512979 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #735 on: Sep 22, 2016, 05:40 AM »
Brownies?     ::)       ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #736 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:21 AM »

That's what I was thinking.

:whistling:

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #737 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Lol.  Yeah, except they're frozen tomatoes and spices.    ::)
They're a great starter for a chili; brown and drain your meat and throw in a brick.  Bang, chili. Add beans of you like.   They're also great just as a side dish.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #738 on: Sep 22, 2016, 07:54 AM »
I like the idea.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #739 on: Sep 22, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Lol.  Yeah, except they're frozen tomatoes and spices.    ::)
They're a great starter for a chili; brown and drain your meat and throw in a brick.  Bang, chili. Add beans of you like.   They're also great just as a side dish.   ;D

At first glimpse I thought you baked in mushrooms in your brownies?? And thought to my self why he would do that?? Then I read the article and found that they were not brownies but tomatoes and spices.. very cool IDea none the less will have to try it some time..

UglyStik

« Reply #740 on: Sep 22, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I was up at the SU campus and I spotted the perfect way to make all your neighbors envious. Remote Control Drone Lawnmower. Imagine yourself in a lawnchair with your remote and a cold drink.

Video of it in action:
https://vimeo.com/136334968
I don't believe they have a rototiller model yet.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #741 on: Sep 22, 2016, 01:56 PM »
I like it!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #742 on: Sep 24, 2016, 05:47 AM »
Looks like I will be covering the garden the next two nights... Frost warnings. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #743 on: Sep 24, 2016, 07:33 AM »
This was my first year in more than 40 years that I didn't put a garden in so I have enjoyed reading about and seeing all of your gardens. We knew that once the wife had her lung transplant we would have to make some big changes. She cannot eat or touch any fresh fruit or veggies for about a year. No plants in the house. Can't cook or drink the well water, swim in the lake, the list goes on but it is great for her to be breathing on her own. She is doing very well. I have to go peel some apples so I can have a pie....lol....h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #744 on: Sep 24, 2016, 09:51 AM »
Doug pm me your address and I will send you some goodies..   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #745 on: Sep 24, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Glad to hear she's doing well h2l. I can only imagine how difficult it's been for you both.

This thread has been a joy to read. I'm planning an extension to the little garden. I picked up some good German purple stripe hard neck garlic from a vendor at the farmers market this morning. He was us
Re helpful with information. So......I'll be adding a 2' 6" x 8' bed to the outside of the garden just for garlic.

I figure I can get around 60 heads in that space. The critters shouldn't bother it either. It'll be adjacent to the asparagus patch so it should help deter the detrimental insects.

Somehow I just knew I'd be adding to the plot ;D

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #746 on: Sep 25, 2016, 01:18 PM »
First day in jeans cutting some wood and it feels good..
Started the morning with a stop to get the paper and on to the friendly bakery to get donuts , some tomato pie and buns for dinner...

Than I started a crockpot of sausage and peppers ( peppers and tomatoes from the garden) for those fresh rolls...    ;D ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #747 on: Sep 25, 2016, 01:51 PM »
When is dinner Dom? ;D that looks tasty.  8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #748 on: Sep 25, 2016, 05:04 PM »
I'll pick you up on the way Larry  ;D

Spent the morning rearranging the garage and doing something pre fall cleanup. Then my son stopped by. We pitched a few games with the new horseshoes and had a couple porters. I put a chicken on the Weber rotisserie and enjoyed a fine dinner with my bride.

A full day ;D

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #749 on: Sep 26, 2016, 05:33 AM »
30* glad I covered everything again last night.. Looks good for another week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.