FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512841 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #855 on: Oct 23, 2016, 03:48 AM »
I tried one once, but I got very dizzy and disoriented. Of course, that was back in the 60's. Dizzy and disoriented were a way of life. Might be fun for the squirrels though ;D

My son is coming over today for a bit. He shares my warped sense of humor so, we'll be planning phase two as we watch phase one progress. I have high hopes for two of the area critters. There's "Bucky" the big male grey squirrel and the "Little Red" the  tomato theif. Both are particularly adept at circumventing the bird feeder defenses.

I've already thought of an impeller type obstacle that could interrupt the path inside the maze. There's some really fun YouTube videos of squirrel olympics and obstacle courses. If nothing else, my Bride is going to have fun watching their antics. I'll have to teach her how to operate the camera video. That will be an even bigger challenge  ::)

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #857 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:13 AM »
Back when I was a regular traveler to Canada for week long fishing trips with the guys, we used to have chipmunk launching competitions. Winning was based on distance and a live chipmonk on landing. Somewhere I have photos of my chipmonk trebuchet.

Here's the maze set up for training. Started with a simple back and forth format.

No participants as yet, but they did take the peanuts from the table. Been pretty cold and windy the past few days. They're hunkered down.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #858 on: Oct 24, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Pretty cool. Can't wait to see some video.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #859 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Pretty cool. Can't wait to see some video.. ;D
X2
Well looks like it's going to get cold so I decide to pick the garden almost clean ,  green&yellow beans , green peppers chard and yellow squash

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #860 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Covered mine up for tonight. Not supposed to get below 40. Staying cool for the rest of the week but reasonable. No real freezing temps in the forecast for the next 10 days anyway. I'd like my beans to get a bit bigger. Doubt I'll get any useable radishes or snow peas, but there's chard and spinach and still hot peppers on the plants.

I'll wait it out a bit longer.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #861 on: Oct 24, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Last of ours came out of the ground tonight garbage night so it will work out for us.. there is always next year on the plantings for us..

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #862 on: Oct 25, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Pulled what was left of the garden out this past weekend. Planted garlic Sunday night.

Time to get after the whitetails and prep the ice fishing gear, now that the garden is done and the golf clubs are in storage

filetandrelease

« Reply #863 on: Oct 25, 2016, 12:17 PM »

It spit snow here this morning

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #864 on: Oct 25, 2016, 12:27 PM »
It spit snow here this morning

Been doing that off and on all morning here...  Still windy as heck...... :P
Threw out about 100 mum plants today.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #865 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Covered up the beans, chard, spinach and snow peas again tonight. I've got some beans, the chard is edible as is the spinach. No radishes really took. So much for them being a cool weather crop. Peppers will be ok I think. If the leaves show any damage I'll pick them clean tomorrow. Same with the chard and spinach.

If they can hold on the next couple days, I'll have another week of well above freezing temps for them to grow.

I fear the end is coming :-\

Right now it's dark chocolate, pecan brownies and a wee dram of McKinny Single Barrel 10 year old Bourbon.

Dang........life is sooooooo gooood!  ;D

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #866 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:03 PM »
   Been doing that off and on all morning here...  Still windy as heck...... :P
Threw out about 100 mum plants today.
Sorry to hear , I'm fond of mums

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #867 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Sorry to hear , I'm fond of mums

Stop by tomorrow and I will give you a bunch.  
The  front of my house is decorated pretty good.     ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #868 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Still have some decent looking mums in the yard. Took a while for the last to bloom. But they're nice to see at the end of the growing year. Most everything else is peaked and on the way out.  We're heading into the "grey days" . Good thing I have a bunch of indoor greenery. There's something therapeutic about tending indoor plants when it's cold and snowy outside.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #869 on: Oct 26, 2016, 05:38 AM »

Mums are doin great still, Brussles are tightening up nicely and the peppers are giving me a heck of a crop. This was a fun season, I'm sad to see it end.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.