FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513293 times)

boondox

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1095 on: Mar 26, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Now I got two pepper plants and a Tomato plant coming in this is a shot from today the tomato is in the round peat cup with starter dirt in it the two peppers are in the plastic bowl were their yesterday day...  I am liking the combo I got here with the florecent and led..  you need the florescent even with hid like  metal halide or mercury vapor lights they provide  the extra light around the plant so it wIll grown better.. which make better filling light.. when using florecent with the led its a filler light.. any how here's a shot of the starter can today.. with the third plant.. you can use led as a filer light with hid's thats why I put up the leds at menards ..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1096 on: Mar 28, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Got another pretty good deal at work today. Picked up a mini tiller. It was tagged as parts only and marked down from $199 to $25. I gave them $15 and got my discount. Cost me $14.50.

Brought it home, took the tines off for safety. Primed it up and found the throttle cable was stuck. A couple of squirts of PB Blaster...a few pulls of the cord and it ran like new.

And the first flowers of spring made their appearance today.

Wish I could remember what they are :-\. I planted so many bulbs last year I'm just not sure.

Anyway, they're pretty.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1097 on: Mar 28, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Some sort of iris..
Nice steal on the tiller...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1098 on: Mar 28, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Heck of a deal on the tiller. Nice looking flower whatever it is

Mac Attack

« Reply #1099 on: Mar 28, 2017, 03:51 PM »
I rent a small Honda tiller from HD each year Bob.
Runs me $40 and I do my neighbor's for him too.
Every year I say I should buy one.
But it would just be another pc of equipment taking up space that only gets used 1-2X a year.
And of course, it would never run when I need it to.
 ;D

So I pay the rental fee.

But now, if there was a 2nd one of those where you work...........
Even without your employee discount...........
Might even be worth bringing that old treadmill up from the basement and dropping it off to this really great guy I know.

:whistling:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1100 on: Mar 28, 2017, 04:24 PM »
Sorry bud. It was the one and only.

The good news is, it looks like spring is actually coming our way.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #1101 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Nice flowers rg!

Right now I got two tomato plants with two leaves each and two pepper plants with 4 leaves each..  loving the led and florecent set right now.. if you want a picture I can get it but nothing spectacular. . Lol's

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1102 on: Mar 28, 2017, 06:07 PM »
Sweet deal, RG. I hope you sleep well tonight! Lol.  :w00t:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1103 on: Mar 28, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Like a baby.
Twisted up a couple leaders this morning. Going to a Paint seminar tomorrow. Ha! A paint seminar. That's just funny.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #1104 on: Mar 29, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Here's the garden plant starter box 5 day after reviving the cheap led light..

tomturkey

« Reply #1105 on: Mar 29, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Raq Do you grow any butter fly weed? It is a mid to late summer orange bloomer. The seeds come in a pod like a milk weed pod only longer and thinner. It is  a hard plant to find. It is a perennial.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1106 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:06 PM »
Little tiller works the nutz!
Before

After

Mulched in the topping I laid down last fall just fine. I doubt I'll have to do anything more before planting.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1107 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Raq Do you grow any butter fly weed? It is a mid to late summer orange bloomer. The seeds come in a pod like a milk weed pod only longer and thinner. It is  a hard plant to find. It is a perennial.

No Tom we don't..   Just butterfly bush and bee balm..

But heres a bunch of sites that sell butterfly weed...
   https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS724US724&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=butterfly+weed&*  
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1108 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:23 PM »
Looks nice Bob...  Wish I could even see my beds..   Well I can see the top inch of  the boards... :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1109 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:51 PM »
I was pleased with it Dom. Thought I'd try to turn it in before the rains that are coming our way. I'll be starting some plants indoors in the next couple weeks.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.