FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513810 times)

jperch

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1110 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Tom,
  You might want to google Amanda's Garden.  I got my butterfly bush there.  The propieter is named Ellen, they specialize in native plants.  They are located near Dansville but have a mail order business and also come to the public market in Rochester in the spring.  At least she used to.  I recommend them.   jperch

boondox

« Reply #1111 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:14 PM »
I'll be starting some plants indoors in the next couple weeks.

Rg

Very good rg it's apon us !!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1112 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:24 PM »
JP did you get butterfly bush or butterfly weed..  Theres a difference...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jperch

« Reply #1113 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Sorry, I meant the member of the milkweed family which I guess is Butterfly Weed.  Bright orange flowers, loves sun, attracts Monarch Butterflies when flowering, as any milk weed will.  I have a small native plant garden on the side of my house, this is one of my favorite plants.  It will spread by itself but can easily get crowded out.  jperch

tomturkey

« Reply #1114 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:34 PM »
I have both butterfly weed and bush in my yard. I need to get some butterfly weed started to put in the area of my sons yard where his mother had a bunch of milkweed planted for the monarchs before she passed.

As a side note I have removed quite a few warts from my body by putting milk weed milk on them. It has to be the right time in the maturity of the milkweed plant for it to work. If it is right you will know as it will burn like H when you put the milk on the wart.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1115 on: Mar 30, 2017, 06:19 PM »
I have to remember to bring my camera to work tomorrow..  We got another 100 thousand plugs in today   ... Plus 200 rose bush roots. .. Guess I'm not fishing Saturday for trout season..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1116 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Day 45

I AM the Pollinator!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1117 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Sweet  Bill..

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1118 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:12 PM »

Nice Bill! I'm getting the bug pretty good now, looking forward to prep time  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1119 on: Mar 31, 2017, 04:12 AM »
Pretty cool Bill!
Had an old fellow in the store yesterday looking to create an automatic watering system for a small greenhouse he had going. He said he had 25 tomato plants and had already picked a bushel. I set him up with a digital watering timer. I may use one myself this season.

My garden cleanups are scheduled for Sunday.  ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #1120 on: Mar 31, 2017, 06:07 AM »

I AM the Pollinator!   ;D

And my jokes get whacked by Bob.

Sheesh!

::)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1121 on: Mar 31, 2017, 08:37 AM »
 ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #1122 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:05 PM »
I have been dreaming of fresh tomatoes, tomato sandwiches and BLT's...

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1123 on: Mar 31, 2017, 05:32 PM »
And my jokes get whacked by Bob.

Sheesh!

::)

I consider the source  ;D

My Bride and I had BLT subs last weekend. The tomatoes were.....well.......not great. Won't be long.

Rg

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #1124 on: Apr 03, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Ended week two here were just starting my third week with the new lights as you can see these leaves look like Tamayo plants I don't think my peppers will survive cause there top heavy and the stalks are to long..  cause I did not find they sprouted for a week or two after they had..will see when done and said...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.