FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512851 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1185 on: Apr 12, 2017, 06:10 PM »

Gettin pretty sick of this bi-polar weather  >:(

It's early yet bud. Patience and cool weather plantings. Our traditional last frost is May 15. Plenty of time yet.

On a positive note, I picked up some stock to make a few more dibbers. You'll have yours in plenty of time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1186 on: Apr 12, 2017, 08:10 PM »
It's early yet bud. Patience and cool weather plantings. Our traditional last frost is May 15. Plenty of time yet.

On a positive note, I picked up some stock to make a few more dibbers. You'll have yours in plenty of time.

Rg
Can't wait bud! I guess I just enjoyed Monday a little too much to deal with 40, windy and cloudy again.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1187 on: Apr 13, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Garlic is doing great

Something I planted in the front shady corner of the house is coming up. Heck if I can remember what it was.

The flower bed around the flagpole is going great guns. Daffodils are next up then tulips then Asiatic lilies. Should be blooms well into July.

Love seeing spring come to life.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1188 on: Apr 14, 2017, 05:04 PM »
The starter system is humming along quite nicely.

Roughly 97% germination.

Another couple weeks and I'll start hardening off.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1189 on: Apr 14, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Nice Bob..  That plant looks like a Bleeding Heart plant..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1190 on: Apr 14, 2017, 06:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure your correct Dom. I've planted a few different starts in that particular area. Tough spot. 0 direct sunlight.

I thought about some elephant ear bulbs for that space, but I'm not sure they'd make it either.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #1191 on: Apr 17, 2017, 09:24 PM »
Week number 5!!  the peppers in the round cup are starting to takeep off to..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1192 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Looking good Boon!
Yesterday I put in a small patio for our picnic table. Got tired of trying to mow under it.

The starter garden is doing well.

Time to start hardening off the little plants.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1193 on: Apr 20, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Boy. Our nights are still down into the 30's. Must be nice!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

boondox

« Reply #1194 on: Apr 20, 2017, 04:51 PM »
Boy. Our nights are still down into the 30's. Must be nice!  ;D

That's why iam not hardening mine off yet still a tad to frosty yet.. for plants I am thinking mid may.. if you have to when light cycles off turn a fan that's on low speed towards them it will help harden the plants up.. if left in plant start stage to long.. best of luck guys

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1195 on: Apr 20, 2017, 05:17 PM »
Looks great Bob. I bet there will be a lot of Webber meals eatten there.... ;D

And a few Heineken's....    ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1196 on: Apr 20, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Thanks Dom. I'm waiting for my Bride to come home from my Daughter's to pick out a new umbrella.

It's been averaging mid 40's around here at night. I'm going o transplant in a couple weeks with row covers to help things get started. The flower boxes and hanging stuff can come inside at night if necessary.

We're looking at 60's and 70's with a good dry spell this next week. I'm all in for a head start.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1197 on: Apr 21, 2017, 07:56 AM »
I like the little patio. We're doing the same thing in a 12' x 12' at my daughter's for the very same reason, so she doesn't have to move the table and chairs to mow.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1198 on: Apr 21, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Yeah, it's hard to keep it looking halfway decent with grass under it.
I've been scouting the perimeter of the house foundation with plans to mulch out about 2' all the way around to control weeds and make mowing easier. Mulch is on sale this week at Lowes. 5 for $10. With my discount it's $1.80 a bag. Good time to get it done.  Our store put in 60,000 bags of mulch in the last 2 months and we're the smallest store in the district.

Everything is coming to life around me. Maples, willows, lilacs, forsythia, daffodils......love spring. It's a big reason I stay in New York.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #1199 on: Apr 22, 2017, 02:21 PM »
Wanna see green Bob
You should see it here in Panama Canal
Hot!!!
Love it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.