FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480942 times)

mcully

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1455 on: Apr 18, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Dynamite!!!  ;D
came to mind watching them just hover in shade

reeleyz

« Reply #1456 on: Apr 18, 2016, 06:59 PM »
My nephew just told me there are about 20 guys fishing the canal at the beach.i thought it was closed until walleye opens.Any thoughts?

I am sure they are targeting perch.  ;)

You can always call the DEC. I bet they would love to check some licenses the easy way.  ;D

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #1457 on: Apr 19, 2016, 02:50 AM »
Yo Coach and RockDoc, 

Wish we  got together. Sounds like you guys had a great time as well. Next time :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

FISH ON

reeleyz

« Reply #1458 on: Apr 19, 2016, 05:18 AM »
Looks like a fun trip guys with some nice accommodations.  :thumbup_smilie:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1459 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:45 AM »

I was able to splash my 14 foot tin tub Sunday over in Sully's territory  ;D We did 25 nice Seeds and a few Gills. Fun day, they were shallow and spooky as hell as soon as you spotted em they skeedadlled. We chased em around with the electric and made long casts, lots of fun and a heck of a sunburn 8)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #1460 on: Apr 19, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Yo DD,

Just say the word.

Old Timer

« Reply #1461 on: Apr 19, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Canals open up to Fish creek.
Any tips getting crappie you can see hanging under a dock to hit? A dozen slabs sunning and wouldn't touch anything tried.

I think it is open fishing to the first bridge?

UglyStik

« Reply #1462 on: Apr 19, 2016, 05:36 PM »
Yeah, I find that a little unclear too. Here is what I could find from the DEC website:

"Fish Creek from Barge Canal upstream to junction of East and West Branches of Fish Creek, West Branch of Fish Creek from mouth upstream to dam in McConnelsville, East Branch Fish Creek from mouth upstream to the route 69 bridge in Taberg, Mohawk River from Delta Lake upstream to bridge in Westerville"

I guess it becomes confusing as to what is the border's of the Barge Canal are vs. where Fish Creek ends at. Google Maps shows where the canal empties into the lake as Fish Creek, and it does not use Barge Canal as a description anywhere. Further East it is labeled Pools Brook. I guess Fish Creek was there first, got dug out and named Pools Brook, Barge Canal, or Erie Canal? Too many names for the same thing. DEC could maybe make a map of what they are talking about to help clear it up. I get that nobody should be fishing for eyes out of there (the "wall"), but panfish and other species are closed too? If anyone can clear this up please post.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1463 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Try calling 1-607-753- 3095
And ask for Jim Everard I'm sure he will be glad to answer any questions ,

fishbone

« Reply #1464 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:14 PM »
just a rant--these regs are stupid--sooooo to protect walleyes dont fish in the trout streams in april --buuut--everybody go right ahead and fish all around the lake and in the canals and right in at scheibels---remember this is to protect the walleye right

fishbone

« Reply #1465 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:17 PM »
these regs need to change----if any of you guys think you know fish creek of the lansing kill better than me your fooling yourself and i can tell ya there is very few and i mean very few walleyes way up in these so called protected areas of these creeks---if ya want protection for the breeding walleye----really?---protect them around the lake and the feeders and canals---

fishbone

« Reply #1466 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:20 PM »
if you dont  think walleyes are being scalped out of the lake shorelines your a fool----ask anybody what they r doing?---hey we r trying to get bullheads---yeah right bullheads---really cmon guys---we r after panfish---really?  cmon guys----oh well at least we protect te walleyes up in taberg--CAUSE THERE AINT ANY

coachwarner

« Reply #1467 on: Apr 19, 2016, 06:47 PM »

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishbone

« Reply #1468 on: Apr 19, 2016, 07:01 PM »
i do realize the reason those bridges were chosen as boundary points is because they are easy to use find and enforce --as a boundary--but it really doesnt do any good as a protection for walleye to use these trout zones as an excuse to protect walleye in the closed walleye season when you allow all kinds of fishing to go on both day and night at the bottom of these streams where there really is some walleyes.  does it make any sense at all to close off a really small portion of these streams when the actual portion that might really have walleyes gets no protection or really no closed season at all? 

fishbone

« Reply #1469 on: Apr 19, 2016, 07:06 PM »
i also know you guys here on this forum do read and understand the rules and regs----i know you guys know your stuff---but the asian kids from utica or the russians or some white hillbilly from the sticks---when one of these guys reels in that 4.5lb walleye over at oneida creek--or from wherever ---its a real temptation to let that big waldo go back to the lake---i guees what im saying is--is this--do you really think you got a shot at a walleye up in taberg well then go have at it--cause you aint getting a waldo up there or in mcconnellsville

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.