FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472524 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1665 on: May 13, 2016, 06:24 AM »
I'm working in Jewell right on the lake this week. Saw some diehards out there in that sun today...man it must have been hot out there!
Good day for tanning, fishing...not so much, at least for me.  First time to the lake, did find a lot of fish, had two hits, and caught two scales from a large fish.  Going to try it again, after dark, as I now have a clue where to go.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1666 on: May 13, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Good luck! Let us know how you do
Nice job findin em

Flukeman

« Reply #1667 on: May 13, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Anyone know where the meeting is for this weekends Oneida Trail walleye tourney? Looks like the last post on facebook says posting later that night, but that was a couple days ago.

Thanks in advance,

perchgypsy

« Reply #1668 on: May 13, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Carp were very active Monday just before dark just outside of big bay,some brutes
couldn't believe how many guys were out for a Monday night ,made it tough for shore casting in my usual spots
should be a good weekend ,we need to have more of them pickerel tourneys,they are everywhere

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1669 on: May 13, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Sounds like you had an EPIC bite before daylight. Good job Matt! 8)

Not exactly epic...lol, only a few people on here are capable of that.  In fact is was so slow after sun up that I had to go smash some bass yesterday to make myself feel better. I got off Oneida for once and fished elsewhere, the warm sun yesterday pushed the bass into 3-4 ft of water - they were just laying all over the surface - it was a good time. My 4yr old put a hurting on the bluegills too - really impressed with her, she fished for over 5 hours and wanted to keep going. 
shut up and fish

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1670 on: May 13, 2016, 01:28 PM »
lil miss  slam  :thumbup_smilie:

glad your taking her slam that's what America needs more of  parents that care
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #1671 on: May 13, 2016, 01:32 PM »
Good stuff Slamboney!

KingPerch

« Reply #1672 on: May 13, 2016, 01:32 PM »
Not exactly epic...lol, only a few people on here are capable of that.  In fact is was so slow after sun up that I had to go smash some bass yesterday to make myself feel better. I got off Oneida for once and fished elsewhere, the warm sun yesterday pushed the bass into 3-4 ft of water - they were just laying all over the surface - it was a good time. My 4yr old put a hurting on the bluegills too - really impressed with her, she fished for over 5 hours and wanted to keep going. 
Good job Matt! Memories being made with your daughter! Life is good!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #1673 on: May 13, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Anyone know where the meeting is for this weekends Oneida Trail walleye tourney? Looks like the last post on facebook says posting later that night, but that was a couple days ago.

Thanks in advance,
Runnings on rt 31 , 6:00 pm sat 

filetandrelease

« Reply #1674 on: May 13, 2016, 02:24 PM »
Good job Matt! Memories being made with your daughter! Life is good!😎
X2 and when she is old enough to clean and cook them for you, priceless  ;D

Flukeman

« Reply #1675 on: May 13, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Runnings on rt 31 , 6:00 pm sat 
[/quote

Thank you]

gotagetm

« Reply #1676 on: May 13, 2016, 06:18 PM »
Coming up in morning with few buddies, didn't do good last weekend out of sylvan, gonna try else ware in lake anybody heard of anything out of god frys launch?
Thx

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1677 on: May 13, 2016, 09:56 PM »
fished sunday for walleye. nothing to speak of. the sheephead population is huge !! also, the water was crystal clear. you could have seen a dime on the bottom in 14 fow !! I did see alot of dead walleye belly up on the bottom ???. what's going on with that ? have been doing good on the gills, and sunnies with a few good perch mixed in.   Sully...

perchgypsy

« Reply #1678 on: May 14, 2016, 07:54 AM »
The sunnies we found the other day look prehistoric  ;D old hump heads
I haven't seen any dead walleye,how many did you see sully,I have seen a couple( one 2 yrs ago and one this yr )with a cotton like fungus
on it,the one I seen a few yrs back was totally covered,the one I seen a week ago just it's head,but it's nasty
looked it up,this is caused by spawning ,something about how the fish was mishandled as well,and other causes, says you can still eat the fish but have to skin it and cut away all flesh effected and adjacent flesh,and taste will be different
as I read that I said I'm not starving...

BUCKEYES

« Reply #1679 on: May 14, 2016, 09:10 AM »
d**n. the lake is tough right now. Was out early and picked up 3 between two of us. Dropped couple other fish. Nothing like last couple years. Guess it makes you work harder for your catch. Going to have to try DIFFERENT AREAS!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.