FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop  (Read 58224 times)

tomturkey

Re: The Little Wood Shop
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Look who is here. I thought maybe you were at the tulip festival doing some klompin stompin. You need to sent your wife they are going to try and do a record for the number of wooden shoe dancers on Saturday.

boondox

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Well, my son got some schooling on the table saw yesterday. We ran a bunch of different operations to process some material. Made several small fixtures and jigs for different cutting needs. He's never really thought about that sort of thing. More artistic in nature than mechanical. So I'm working on waking up that mechanical gene I know he must have.

He's a fantastic artist. He draws what he sees by imagination or real life. I've never been able to do that. I can do mechanical drawings, but I cannot capture proportions freehand the way he does.

So, I'm teaching him to work in the wood shop using solid, safe procedures. One thing's for sure, we're having fun!

Rg

You mean to tell me you got your son building bird houses for winged rats to nest in?? Lol's its a long story on the winged rats ..lol's

when he should build tip ups, planer boards for crappie fishing, something dad can use right? Lols just kidding those bird hoses came out good..if I built on mine would nest bats lol's like last time...

IFF

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Great looking setup there Bob, where you getting all that energy from ?  Think I need some, great shots on the blue birds btw.
*¿*  Bud

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 05:07 PM »
Yeah I bought some today. Dried though. I'm heading to our farm supply store tomorrow. They sell live for exotic critter feed.

They were really fighting for their territory this morning. Danged sparrows are a nuisance.may have to install a porthole in the back wall of the little wood shop. I'm a pretty good shot with the pellet pistol.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 05:56 PM »
Busy in the little wood shop today.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #35 on: Jun 12, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Here's Henrietta Bob -

And here are her kids -

wallyworld

« Reply #36 on: Jun 13, 2016, 06:21 AM »
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I have 3 little killdeer running around the lawn with Mom!!

Mac Attack

« Reply #37 on: Jun 13, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Yea, these are taking a bit longer to hatch than normal.
One more week.
Otherwise the dog will get them scrambled into her food next weekend.

The darn bird and eggs are in my driveway out there and I want my parking space back.

I know...........I'm a jerk.

8)

wallyworld

« Reply #38 on: Jun 14, 2016, 05:52 AM »
Might be the cold crazy weather holding up the hatch. Hold on a little longer  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Jun 14, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Nice pics Mac. Let them hatch!

Remember the table saw / jointer I was rebuilding ?

It's ALIVE!

What a sweet little machine. Made a sled for the saw. Been using the heck out of the jointer.

The latest bird condo project.

Stacking some up to sell.

Fun stuff.
Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #40 on: Jun 14, 2016, 07:53 PM »

Nice pics Mac. Let them hatch!

Fun stuff.
Rg

OK, but I was gonna make you an omelet.
Probably far enough along that it might even have a bit of "meat" in it when I crack it.
Your call.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #41 on: Jun 14, 2016, 07:56 PM »
Let 'em hatch. I'll have a burger.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #42 on: Jun 14, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Let 'em hatch. I'll have a burger.

Rg

OK.
Sheesh!

Killjoy.

>:(

boondox

« Reply #43 on: Jun 14, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Rg the shop is looking good... couple questions.. do you have a router table in there yet??.... think you could use one? I got one router so far?? Dad has four routers..  aslo What about a old  circular  saws have any to make a table saw out of if you needed a table saw.. etc ever seen a  table saws made out of a circular saws.. with all a due what's the top four power tools  you use in your shop. With all the tools i own here's what's on my list.. I own a lot of tools most of them never used.. is why I bring this up...I can't stand weak cordless drills that's why all mine got. To be corded...here's that list of top four power tools I use in the shop... that's no counting clamp and hammer etc or hand tools if you will...

List of most used power tools:

1)Drill "corded"..
2)circular saw "corded".
3) router "corded".
4) air compressor. With the brad nailer stapler combo tool..

So what's your most used tools??  I think we bought some wrong tools like a. Tool sharpener, band saw, 2 lates, 2 table saws, etc.. we need about. Half this stuff .. but if your like me or my dad you can't sell or throw out a tool!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #44 on: Jun 15, 2016, 06:17 AM »
For what I'm doing, I have a pretty complete gathering of tools and equipment. I'm not building furniture.

The 2 most used tools in my shop are a pencil and square.

For stationary equipment, no shop should be without the following in order of use.
Table saw
Drill press
Jointer
Belt disc sander
Band saw

Yea I have a few routers. A Bosch with fixed and plunge base, a trim router and a Bosch in a router table. I picked up a Bosch router table at Lowes where I work. They were clearing it out. Listed at $169... I paid $40 for it.  It has a nice insert plate and a decent fence/ t-slot system. Adequate for my needs. I'll put a lift on it before I put it into production. Had it not been a great deal, I'd have either continued with the small table I built or put a bigger table together. I'll be building a movable cabinet that will house the router table and belt disc sander on one station. I'm just working out what shop vac to incorporate into the cabinet for dust collection.

For drills, I use Ridgid battery drills. Weak? Not at all. That said, all production drilling is done at the drill press where it should be.

Do I need 2 table saws? No...but.....I paid $75 fir the little saw. I put another $100 into replacement parts to make it a very useable tool set. The combination of a small jointer and saw allows me to true and square the small parts I use on one compact unit.

The one tool I own that I use the least is my chop saw. I hate chop saws. They're inherently inaccurate. It's near impossible to control the sawdust from them as well. They're a noisy, over rated machine. My eyes are open for a decent radial arm saw. I'll find one ;D

The only other piece of equipment I'd like to have is a planer. My issues are space and power. I won't have one of those little portable planers. The horsepower of a decent planer will exceed my capacities. I'm also limited by available space.

My next priority is dust collection. I'm working on that issue. I'll be building a Thein baffle and using a big shop vac.

Maybe someday, if I get really crazy, I'll expand, but, for now I can get along just fine with what I have.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.