FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 341036 times)

gotagetm

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #2295 on: Sep 01, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Yup, Dom a kid at local school 2 years ago checked his traps before school left one 22 shell visible in his pick-up girls walking by seen it ,reported it to office and school was put on lock down and kid was removed from property...when I was in school in shop class teacher several times would ask for a pocket knife to use because he forgot his

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2296 on: Sep 01, 2022, 06:41 AM »
When I was in 6th grade I did one of those stupid, stand in front of the class and do a presentation. 
 I had traps, skins a 12 gage Rem a 22 browning and was able to bring them all into the classroom.  No one got shot… 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

joefish1

« Reply #2297 on: Sep 01, 2022, 06:49 AM »
When I was in 6th grade I did one of those stupid, stand in front of the class and do a presentation. 
 I had traps, skins a 12 gage Rem a 22 browning and was able to bring them all into the classroom.  No one got shot… 8)
   That is when people had common sense but you can't teach that.

reeleyz

« Reply #2298 on: Sep 01, 2022, 07:17 AM »
I always had to keep my gun and bow hidden in college. Used to keep them in my cousins trunk. I had permission to hunt the adjacent farm so I would sneak out early and head up the hill behind the dorm. Probably get kicked out of school for that stuff now.

gotagetm

« Reply #2299 on: Sep 01, 2022, 07:53 AM »
Absolutely... probably get arrested

filetandrelease

« Reply #2300 on: Sep 01, 2022, 08:00 AM »
 Bruce
 I’m sure you would be expelled or worse , we brought our guns right through the front door only asked which direction i was heading 
 today in NY you can’t  even buy pressurized whip cream without ID , 🙄
 How times change

gotagetm

« Reply #2301 on: Sep 01, 2022, 12:19 PM »
No squirrels this morning darn things moving to quick for 22 , gonna break out old Stevens double barrel 410 I used as a kid...love that little old gun!

Johnnh

« Reply #2302 on: Sep 01, 2022, 07:46 PM »
When I was in 10th grade our science teacher held classes on gun safety and responsibility . He took a few of us out hunting for partridge, wood cock and pheasant. We had written permission from home and school to bring our shotguns & shells (mine was a stevens single 12ga) on the bus and we put them in a locked closet in his classroom. After the hunt, we cleaned the birds and a couple of dads took us home. GREAT MEMORIES and nobody was hurt.
Today you would be on the nightly news and the adults would be locked up.

62 & Done

« Reply #2303 on: Sep 02, 2022, 03:47 PM »
Back in the 70's a friend and myself, as teenagers, went to the GE in Schenectady to put in job applications.  In the back seat were our shotguns to do some small game hunting on the way home. We found a note on our windshield to contact so & so to get our guns back. (And the car was locked) We went to see this person and got interrogated as if we were terrorists from Iran. Thought we were going to jail.
 All this political hoopla about guns is not new, it's just getting much worse.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2304 on: Sep 03, 2022, 06:39 AM »
F&R, the times haven't changed, it's the PEOPLE. From the top, down....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #2305 on: Sep 03, 2022, 08:06 AM »
F&R, the times haven't changed, it's the PEOPLE. From the top, down....h2l
You’ve got a point

jperch

« Reply #2306 on: Sep 03, 2022, 09:14 AM »
When I was in 10th grade our science teacher held classes on gun safety and responsibility . He took a few of us out hunting for partridge, wood cock and pheasant. We had written permission from home and school to bring our shotguns & shells (mine was a stevens single 12ga) on the bus and we put them in a locked closet in his classroom. After the hunt, we cleaned the birds and a couple of dads took us home. GREAT MEMORIES and nobody was hurt.
Today you would be on the nightly news and the adults would be locked up.
I took my hunter ed course from one of my high school teachers in 1970.  His name was Mr Sinowski, he has passed.  It was given on weekends and he brought his personal firearms into school.  After getting certified we went hunting for rabbits and grouse with another teacher and student.  He hunted with a single shot 10 gauge, carrying an extra shell in his mouth!  We also went fishing together on Seneca Lake.  Great times and great memories.  Times sure have changed.

greensider

« Reply #2307 on: Sep 03, 2022, 04:01 PM »
Got us a p and y stud today

greensider

« Reply #2308 on: Sep 03, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Someone is shedding early

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2309 on: Sep 03, 2022, 08:15 PM »
Nice squirrel...
 I have seen a couple deer without velvet but no tree rubs..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.