FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 339597 times)

reeleyz

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #2400 on: Oct 09, 2022, 07:29 AM »
Nice buck.

I am 50/50 leaving deer overnight. Not great odds.

jperch

« Reply #2401 on: Oct 09, 2022, 08:01 AM »
I have been hunting the same farm for 25 years.  At the start the landowner told me she didn't care what I did but leave the coyotes alone.  Then the coyotes took her disabled son's cat.  After that it was, I don't care what season it is but if you want to keep hunting here kill every coyote you can.  It is a deer rich, coyote rich, habitat.  But I have at least changed their demeanor.  They are not as bold as they used to be.  They used to come close to the house during daylight hours, they don't seem to do that anymore.  You can't leave a deer overnight there, nothing but bones, hide and head will likely be left.  And they are a real pain during turkey season.

greensider

« Reply #2402 on: Oct 09, 2022, 10:15 AM »
Last camera pull

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2403 on: Oct 09, 2022, 06:17 PM »
    THE THEORY OF TRAPPER  ........ when the  movie  Bambi  was released  hunting license  sales  dropped  by as  much as  50% in areas and  soon  deer management p ;Dermits  where   being  issued (doe permits)  as  time went on  70's the  cute animal  effect or  Bambi effect   was rising among   young people  soon  hunting  started  declining and  deer populations begun to rise  fast ...as  a  life long  trapper  i can say  i  caught  my  first  coyote  in oswego county in 1982 i  walked  out of the  field  with it on my back and  a state  trooper stopped thinking my dog got hit and wanted to offer assistance  as time went bye  the deer population  went up and  so  did the  yotes .....  my theory is the  coyotes  are  here  in numbers  doing  what hunters  had  done  for  many years  control the  number of deer .....  we still have  more  deer then we  ever  had before  so in my opinion the  coyotes are  getting a  bad  name ..... my opinion   shot placement   ......get a good  shot or don't take it .....two  carry a  lantern in your  truck and look a little  harder .... get use  to  the  coyotes   they are  here to stay  without them the  deer  population would  explode  and   disease and  starvation  would  be  natures  next way to control the  population and  she  sure would  do it or  like long  island and  other spots  you would  have  government shooters killing  deer ........ i rather  have the  coyotes , i have  grown to like their singing   :D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

BBLoon

« Reply #2404 on: Oct 09, 2022, 06:53 PM »
That is not only a theory, but it is the law of nature. Predator populations are controlled by their prey. 👍

fishinjohn

« Reply #2405 on: Oct 10, 2022, 04:17 AM »
Youth weekend...
Took my little man out again this a.m. for another hunt.. 
When my ex wife's father passed away he had left me his nearly brand new 30/30... he had only killed one doe with it...
My son wanted to carry it in honor of his tramps who has been gone 6 years now...
We left the house later than we should have because my son couldnt find his wallet and I wouldnt let him hunt without his license in his hand....
We still got In our blind with plenty of darkness left so we didnt spook any deer..
Same blindt hat last weeks 8 point kill was at....
725 a doe showed herself...
727 a buck popped up behind her...
Little man settled the crosshairs behind the front shoulder and gave this fella a shot to the ribs...
50 yards downhill and my son was ECSTATIC
Lucky young lad to get 2 8 points in same year one week apart!!!!
This one is much nicer

Also got to enjoy the hunters moon while we walked through the field towards our stand!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2406 on: Oct 10, 2022, 04:32 AM »
what a great deer  and what a  season !!!!!  ...and  grandpa's  gun  .....little  fishing  john your having  the season of a life time   you and  day enjoy it and  keep posting!!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2407 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:30 AM »
Good work young man!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2408 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Congratulations to both of you..👍👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #2409 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:36 AM »

X2!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2410 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:37 AM »
X3

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2411 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:39 AM »
My bosses son shot his first buck over the weekend..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #2412 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:44 AM »
Nice deer guys! And John ....you just keep cutting and let him do the shooting!!! Hahaha

fishinjohn

« Reply #2413 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Nice deer guys! And John ....you just keep cutting and let him do the shooting!!! Hahaha
Hahahaha...
Hes tagged out for buck!!! Hes doe hunting rest of the season...
I told him now it's time to put meat in our freezer. 
First one went to his mother..
This one here goes to my mom and dad

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2414 on: Oct 10, 2022, 05:48 AM »
Great job young men!! That is truly awesome to see the younger generation out there having success!
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.