FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Puzzling Plumbing issue...  (Read 27 times)

taxid

Puzzling Plumbing issue...
« on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:56 PM »
Trying to trace a sporadic dripping leak that ends up on the basement bathroom floor from the ceiling. It's following the outside of a vertical 2 inch PVC pipe in an interior wall behind the stove. Pipe runs up to the third level. I ran all the sinks, toilets, showers etc., and can't cause the leak, but sporadically in a day or so it drips again. Could it be a vent pipe? But it leaked this morning, no rain and -4 F so I doubt it's a vent pipe.

Traced it up a distance behind the stove by cutting out some drywall that won't show behind the stove, but I will repair it.

Anybody have any ideas?

I taped some paper towel above a joint and at the joint to possibly give me more clues if they get wet.  I don't think it's a t joint but it could be.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

Re: Puzzling Plumbing issue...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Condensation???

taxid

Re: Puzzling Plumbing issue...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:31 PM »
I suppose that's possible. My concern is the particle board around the pipe is black with mold and If I put the ceiling tiles back in the basement bathroom I will end up with a big stain on the ceiling.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.