FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 151050 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2017
« Reply #75 on: Oct 27, 2017, 06:48 AM »
They made me think of my Grandmother. Her tree was always decorated with birds.  ;D

That little saw will make a nice addition.   :thumbup_smilie:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Oct 29, 2017, 05:16 PM »
Yup, it will. It's a cute little thing I must say.
I had a full, rich day on the little wood shop today. Got the new toy mounted.

Made a new mount for the belt sander this morning.

Got a start on a pestle for a friend ;)

I moved 50% of my stuff to the basement so far. The rest will move gradually over the next week. I need the table saw in the garage to make a stock of materials for winter projects.

My Son came over and turned his first walnut. A learning experience for him. Great way to spend a cold, rainy fall day.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #77 on: Nov 04, 2017, 03:37 AM »
Table saw and router are headed to the basement today. Time to put the boat in the garage. I don't use it much downstairs, but when I need it, it's there.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #78 on: Nov 22, 2017, 04:40 PM »
The day before Thanking is a perfect "G-job" day.  I made one of these for a friend that enjoys turning.

A lot of funky compound angles but I think it turned out all right.   ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #79 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Awesome is all I can say. WOW !

I've been getting lost at the lathe the past Few weeks.  Turning Christmas presents for family and friends. I've gifted a few of my nicer co-workers with my Bird House ornaments for themselves and their moms. The last couple days I've been busy making a set of tea candle holders for my Daughter. I've given her many hand made gifts over the years. It's a special treat for me to see her eyes light up.

Anyway, Santa will be on his way Friday.

Have the best of Thanksgivings Bill. Eat too much.....drink a little.....enjoy family and friends.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #80 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:57 AM »

Have the best of Thanksgivings Bill. Eat too much.....drink a little.....enjoy family and friends.

Rg

The very same to you Bob. Happy Thanksgiving.   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #81 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:40 PM »
A great meal and pleasant day with family. Who could ask for anything more.

As I relax with a wee dram of good bourbon, I feel very content and thankful. I think that's what this day is all about.

I hope all my friends here had a wonderful day of thanks.

Please give what you can to those in need and rememnber all the brave souls in far away places who stand watch to provide us the luxury of freedom.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #82 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:50 PM »
A good friend made me some new carbide turning tools. I put a handle on the first one today.

I'll turn a handle for the other tomorrow and get them to work.

There's Christmas presents to make😀

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #83 on: Dec 01, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Nice!   ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #84 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:26 AM »
That's cool. Making homemade things with homemade things.........
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #85 on: Dec 01, 2017, 04:46 PM »
Well...This afternoon, I turned this little Christmas ornament for my co-worker's autistic daughter. She loves purple.

I used only the carbide tipped tools you made for me Bill. They are just perfect. The diamond detail tool is a joy and the 12mm round cuts like a hot knife through butter making shaping really easy.

I hope she likes it.

Rg

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #86 on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:47 PM »
that's awesome bob....the posted picture doesn't do it justice...i clicked on it seeing it in larger format....it's beautiful i bet she will just love it.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #87 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:45 PM »
 That's good to hear. The nice thing about the round insert, loosen the screw and turn the insert a little; you've got a brand new cutting edge.    ;D

You've got something there with those ornaments. They are truly unique and special.   ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #88 on: Dec 02, 2017, 10:08 AM »
They're very versatile for sure. You did a fine job making the shafts. The relief you put into the undersides makes a huge difference in their capabilities.

The little bird houses are really fun to turn. Just finished a set of candle holders for my Daughter for a Christmas present. Not sure of the wood specie. My son says it's maple, but I don't know about that.

She loves to burn candles.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #89 on: Dec 08, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Decided to turn some yo-yos.

Pretty fun project. I already have an order for 4 from one of the girls at work. Took one in with me today. Gave it to a friend and it went all over the store from employee to employee. It came back to me 4 hours later. They had a lot of fun with it.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.