FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 151480 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #840 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:44 PM »

A few of the dozen cutting boards I made.  Most will be given away as gifts

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #841 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Very nice! I liked hat second one. Hickory?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman260

« Reply #842 on: Feb 25, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Nice job on the cutting boards.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #843 on: Feb 25, 2021, 11:43 AM »
Very nice! I liked hat second one. Hickory?

Rg
Poplar ,Oak and Mahogany . I like that one too.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #844 on: Feb 25, 2021, 11:43 AM »
And thank you

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #845 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Nice MM..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #846 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:47 PM »
I puttered in the shop the past few days.

Made a new suet feeder and altered the bluebird feeder. All aimed at deterring the starlings.

Also made my Neighbor’s parrot JoJo a small play station for when they come over to visit.

I think that’s the 5th plaything I’ve built for him. He’s a cool little guy. It’s like having a 5 year old kid come to visit. Needs a lot to keep occupied.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #847 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:55 PM »
Nice job..
 Glad I don’t get starlings..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #848 on: Feb 26, 2021, 03:13 AM »
When my Bride isn’t looking they get the pellet pistol out the bathroom window.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #849 on: Mar 03, 2021, 05:14 AM »
So my Son and I decided to take a bit of a foray into building Marionettes.
Did a prototype just to get some process down.

We found that making the joints from screw eyes made the little guy really wobbly. He’d be a good drunken Marionette. So...I started making pivoting joints on a couple more. The knee and hip joints pivot to the front but stop at the upright position. We’ll see how hey work when I get them strung up.

Haven’t worked out the lower arm joints as yet. I’m thinking they may be made with paracord to give them some flexibility. One will be a wire style with a simple hand control . I’m going to take a shot at a more complex string control for the other one.

It all started last Sunday when we were hanging out here having some wings and a couple beers. We’ve been looking for a project to play with and somehow got on the subject of marionettes. He said he wanted to make a small one, dress it up like Payne Stewart and pull it out when golfing with his buddies. I told him we should make he legs go different directions and dress it up like Tiger Woods. But, he declined that idea.

Anyway, it gives us something to work on.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #850 on: Mar 03, 2021, 01:58 PM »
  Couple more getting there.

Tried a different controller.

My son and I are going to have to collaborate on a controller we like. The normal ones are kind of clunky and not user friendly. I’m pretty sure we can do better.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #851 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:04 PM »
That’s sweet Bob.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #852 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Well, it might turn out that way. For now, it’s all experimental. I have some visions of where it could end up. My Son is an incredible artist. I’m teaching him woodworking and he’s learning fast.

Working with him is priceless in any event.

Rg

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #853 on: Mar 04, 2021, 09:36 PM »

Messed around with some scrap wood and made some baby rattles and some sets of coasters.  Fun little project

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #854 on: Mar 11, 2021, 07:27 AM »
I have a bunch of leftover 1/4” sanded plywood that I’d like to use up. I was thinking about bird houses and bar houses, but I want sure if 1/4” was strong enough. I can obviously treat the wood when finished to protect it from the elements. What do you handy, creative folks think?

If that’s the case I can find plans online and get a few done as a project with the princess

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.