MFF US Northwest > Montana

Smelt under bobber's

<< < (4/4)

oldschoolben:
Yep , I use the same method,but not always on the bottom I will adjust the depth,but man you can cast those bobbers a country mike lol

oldschoolben:

--- Quote from: fishogger on Jul 14, 2021, 10:28 AM ---dont rule out the bottom rig for deep summer pike.  the real hoggs roam deep water.  a standard slip sinker rig with a floating bait 20" off bottom can be deadly effective.  especially paired with a chunk of sponge and some "yumm" on it for a scent trail in current.  here we can use live baits so big chubs get the nod.

--- End quote ---
I agree with that for sure ,never tried the yumm or sponge, but seems deeper can definitely be a great way, I've had slot of luck on a weed edge middle of the water column

oldschoolben:
Good to know about the sponge tho ,thanks for sharing

oldschoolben:
I get the satisfaction of having someone laugh at or look at you like you're an idiot, and catching a big fish in front of them, I used to live in the Bitterroot valley and I fished with big rapalas, and caught several trout over 20 " ,I decided to throw a lipless crank bait and had some fishing guide flick me nuts about  fishing with it, but he sure got his mouth shut when a I caught a brown that was over 24" lol his client sure wasn't happy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version