FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 146710 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #105 on: Aug 25, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Speaking of brisket, my bride brought home a whole one today. 12 lbs.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #106 on: Aug 27, 2018, 08:22 AM »
What's a full brisket go for in your area? Seems very expensive around here at over $3 a pound.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #107 on: Aug 27, 2018, 09:20 AM »
What's a full brisket go for in your area? Seems very expensive around here at over $3 a pound.

Rg

3.89 per lb in my area.
Wicked Wec

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #108 on: Sep 11, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I just saw this. In fact I'm catching up from being in Maine scouting moose for 4 days.  :o

Same here, but how much is a ribeye? Heck, burger's $2.99 and up. That's the beauty of the smoker. You can turn a cheap cut into awesomeness!   ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #109 on: Sep 16, 2018, 05:59 AM »
I'm gonna smoke up a small turkey next weekend. Any tips on a brine mix....how long to brine etc would be much appreciated.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #110 on: Sep 16, 2018, 07:06 AM »
Stopped at my buddys yesterday because I saw smoke and something smelled good........  About 125lbs of pork.........

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #111 on: Sep 16, 2018, 08:03 AM »
That's quite the smoker. I don't think I've seen a propane tank style before. ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #112 on: Sep 16, 2018, 12:11 PM »
And with semi truck smoke staks....  8) 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinjohn

« Reply #113 on: Sep 16, 2018, 08:12 PM »
I'm gonna smoke up a small turkey next weekend. Any tips on a brine mix....how long to brine etc would be much appreciated.

Rg
Here is how I do mine.. no brine
Carefully pull skin away from breast end of bird and put bacon under the skin. If the bird is big enough you can get a piece or two tucked in under skin on legs as well.. then I take a half onion and a lemon with some carrots and celery inside cavity.. then I take the rest of bacon and lay it over top of the rest of the bird.. smoke it at 160 for 2 hours and then 180 till shes done... YUUUUUMMMMO!!!!!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #114 on: Sep 16, 2018, 08:47 PM »
And with semi truck smoke staks....  8) 8)
And the dual chrome wheels...  Yeah. Pretty cool!   8) 8)

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #115 on: Sep 26, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Hopefully your turkey cook went well RG. I don't brine my birds either. I just add a blend of my rub mixed with butter under the skin. I usually cook at 250 with pecan wood till done. Here's a 21 pounder i did a couple weeks ago at camp.

Bacon wrapped corn on the cob, wings, and thighs.

Just some of the goodness smoked in my 1939 Frigidaire refrigerator converted to a smoker.I

If any of you smoked food lovers haven't seen it yet check out: smokingmeatforums.com . Info for all kinds of smoking methods.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #116 on: Sep 26, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Today was a miserable rainy, wet day so I figured I'd make a batch of Smoked Bacon Candy to kill some time. This is seriously decadent treat.

Get some of your favorite thick sliced bacon, real maple syrup, and your favorite rib rub. brush on a generous coat of maple syrup, then a coat of rub.

Continue layering until all the bacon is treated. I did 5 pounds so there were several layers. Let it set for an hour or ten, then lay it out on your smoker racks. A good coat of no stick spray on the rack helps.
Brush on more maple syrup, then sprinkle with brown sugar (I used a kitchen strainer to do this for more even coverage). Sorry forgot to get a pic.
Smoke at 230 degrees for a couple hours then remove flip and repeat the syrup/brown sugar treatment. Put back in for another hour. Remove and enjoy. Great warm or cold.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #117 on: Sep 26, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Iooks awesome.....

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #118 on: Sep 26, 2018, 04:38 PM »
That looks delicious. I'll have to try it my next go around.  Thanks for sharing.   ;D

Bartman44

« Reply #119 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:30 PM »
MMMMMMM, yum.    I had something very similar in a restaurant in Jackson, Wyoming a few years back  and it was delicious although I couldn't eat a ton of it (not that I should be eating pounds of bacon anyway)

Thanks for the recipe. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.