FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 146513 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #405 on: Jul 27, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Pulled out the beans
They look awesome

Wrapped the brisket, with a little apple juice, and put it back into for finishing.  Dialed up the temp to 250 because I have to pull it at 3:30 to head over to my brothers.  I’ll probably put it onto the pig fire for some extra time.  We will see.
The brisket was 158 when I wrapped it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #406 on: Jul 28, 2019, 05:46 AM »
Looking good 👍. My smoking at camp has come to a temporary halt. Power problems have come up. Voltage swings from 61-120 volts. It's causing people's AC, Tv's, microwaves, to shut down. Problems started a couple weeks ago . They can't figure out why. I don't want to fry my controller in the smoker.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #407 on: Jul 28, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Better pay attention to your refrigerators. Low voltage and compressors don't mix. Dehumidifier as well.

By the way, it sounds like a problem with the neutral leg. Are they doing any recording?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #408 on: Jul 28, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Cleaned a bunch of peppers and there stuffed and ready for the smoker... Hope the showers hold off..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #409 on: Jul 28, 2019, 02:49 PM »
Well just filled 2 racks and put them on..
And it did rain but suns out now..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #410 on: Jul 28, 2019, 04:08 PM »

Man, they look amazing!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #411 on: Jul 28, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Just took them off..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #412 on: Jul 28, 2019, 04:55 PM »
Yikes that looks good Dom!

My son and I did further experimentation with the new griddle.

A couple of really nice ribeyes, breaded zucchini ( picked this morning) , onions and fresh potatoes from the garden.

The burgers are for my Bride🙄🙄

I tried a tenderizing process using kosher salt on the ribeyes. Incredible results. Super tender while a bit on the salty side. Next time a shorter tenderizing period and use a tougher cut of meat.

The griddle is a real cooking tool.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #413 on: Jul 28, 2019, 06:20 PM »
Are those turtles Bob

drowndin dots

« Reply #414 on: Jul 28, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Just took them off..

I can almost smell them  :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown:

drowndin dots

« Reply #415 on: Jul 28, 2019, 06:50 PM »

I have a couple griddles that go on my camp explorer chef stove, they are real nice for a good camp breakfast.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #416 on: Jul 28, 2019, 07:07 PM »
Better pay attention to your refrigerators. Low voltage and compressors don't mix. Dehumidifier as well.

By the way, it sounds like a problem with the neutral leg. Are they doing any recording?

Rg

I've been running the fridge on propane. The power company was here Tuesday. I was out fishing so I only got second hand info from one of the workers here. They claim voltage is good on their lines. I never heard the numbers. No recording. They need to get a competent electrician to check out the wiring here. Too many amateurs over the years.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #417 on: Jul 29, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Are those turtles Bob

No....spotted owl fillets.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #418 on: Jul 30, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Just broke into the smoked jalapeño cheese I did a few weeks ago. Glad I forgot it in the back of the drawer in the fridge. Sure has a nice flavor all the way through.

My smoker is still down for the count. Haven't been able to get it going. I've only got $60 in it to begin with. Can't justify another $100 for parts. Saw a pit boss electric on clearance at Wally World. Think I'm heading towards picking it up.

Rg

fishinjohn

« Reply #419 on: Jul 30, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Just broke into the smoked jalapeño cheese I did a few weeks ago. Glad I forgot it in the back of the drawer in the fridge. Sure has a nice flavor all the way through.

My smoker is still down for the count. Haven't been able to get it going. I've only got $60 in it to begin with. Can't justify another $100 for parts. Saw a pit boss electric on clearance at Wally World. Think I'm heading towards picking it up.

Rg
I almost bought one of those for my dad birthday
They definitely looks nice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.