FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga 2021  (Read 106846 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Great Sacandaga 2019
« Reply #60 on: Jun 14, 2019, 05:45 AM »
Yes, it was a nice day to be out on the lake. Doesn't hurt to have a few fishing coming into the boat. Long range forecast show lots of days with some rain. Still not sure if I want to fish on Sat., weekend, only nice day and the contest. Plus they are saying double digit winds. I will have to wait and see.
I haven't been down to that end of the lake yet this year. Too much junk floating to make a long run. Good luck and will see you on the water....h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #61 on: Jun 16, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Well, I fished yesterday. Should have saved my $20, although I didn't use too many worms. Boated only 4 walleyes, only 1 keeper and not a money fish. I heard that 19" won I but will wait to see GSLFF report. Got very windy late morning and stayed that way the rest of the day. I had 4 guys at the launch say they did good on spinners but nothing over 17 inches. Last I heard my cousin was in 2nd place, pretty sure bass as that is what he targets.
Water temps yesterday were in the mid 60's out in the lake....h2l

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #62 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Ended with ten keepers but none over 17.   Few shorts and bass mostly trolling cranks.

piscesman

« Reply #63 on: Jun 16, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Seeing the same results as you guys. 3 Walleyes and 2 keepers. 17" the biggest. Both by the wife... Usual places Zippo.. Tried in the same general area and marked them. Many short strikes even though water relatively calm. Talking about 6/8-9/19. We only bottom bounce but working on trolling for the fishing boat. Next weekend who knows?? Water about 4' - 5' high for this time of year in our area. Towards the dam............
      Kim :flag:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #64 on: Jun 16, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Bauls, not bad with the wind we had for most of the day. I should have switched to spinners, may have picked up a few more. They will be there the next time....h2l

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #65 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Tried a new area and was planning on hitting some of my regular spots just when that wind came up.  Didnt bother me but she wasnt a fan.  Man these fish are thin compared to Oneida.

Jpb

« Reply #66 on: Jun 16, 2019, 09:14 PM »
Fished after the rain (sort of) this evening. 3 keepers one short. Largest 18 inch. Jig 38 FOW. Slow bite. Still finding them in odd places. My usual spots are dead right now.

Yes they are skinny. Not much baitfish out there?

Tom Hannock

« Reply #67 on: Jun 17, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Man these fish are thin compared to Oneida.

I feel bad for them as it seems like they haven't had a meal in weeks ;D 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #68 on: Jun 17, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Does the mohawk river connect to the Sac?   If so, the gobies would fatten them up.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #69 on: Jun 17, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Went out for about 4 hours this afternoon. 7 walleyes, 4 were keepers. Biggest about 17". Most came from 19 to 22 fow. Lake has dropped about 6 inches and saw 68* out in the lake. The fish I am seeing don't look like they are in bad shape. It has been a late spring, the water is just starting to warm up, the bait fish will be there. Marked quite a few fish, DEEP. (45 to 50 fow) Also, very few of my "go to spots" are producing fish and I have been very lucky, haven't caught a bass yet this year....h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #70 on: Jun 18, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Went out again this afternoon. Of course I started where I was catching fish yesterday. Three hours and 2 small walleyes. Wind came up some so I stopped at one of my spots. Caught 4 shorts right off the bat. Moved just a little and got 9 more in about 2 hours. Four of the 9 were keepers, biggest just over 17"' Most of the fish today came from 32 to 28 fow. Marked very few of the fish I caught and they wanted the jig right tight to bottom and I would just feel weight. I also foul hooked (not snagged) a small perch. Water temp still 68*...h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #71 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Way to get em h2l..    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #72 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:35 AM »
We got 2.44 inches of rain yesterday afternoon. Lake came up 8/9 inches overnight. River was very muddy...h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #73 on: Jun 24, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Burned a vacation day and took the wife out this morning. Picked up a few shorts before noon then the bite turned off. Tried switching over to jigging but no dice. Moved locations and landed another few before headed off the lake around 1:30. Total was 4 short walleye, one keeper (released) and one SMB. All on sticks. Surface Water temps noted low to high 60s.

Encon paid me a visit. Nice guy. Checked all my safety gear and license. First time ever in ~4 years fishing this lake. He said he got a guy that morning who, if I recall correctly, was “missing 5 things”. A good reminder to make sure you are safe and legal!

A good day on the lake!!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #74 on: Jun 24, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Looked like a nice morning to be on the lake. I saw ENCON out there last Monday. Glad you got some fish. The rain last Thursday must have cooled the lake off. It was 68. It is going to warm up the next few days....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.