FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Inland Sea monster Walleye  (Read 3213 times)

PIKEBAIT

Inland Sea monster Walleye
« on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:20 AM »
OK,  Vt fishermen have gone to Facebook so big lake is open to hard fishing Granite Staters.
My son, staying at Grand Isle spends all his time casting for pike and bass.  BUT,  guess what else fell for a chartreuse soft bait!!
One great walleye fry coming up.
Dick

fish wayniac

Re: Inland Sea monster Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 05:54 PM »
That’s a nice Walleye!
In the 80’s I have trolled for them with my Uncle using down riggers. We use to catch them out by Savage island on Champlain in Milton and Georgia. They do taste great.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:44 PM »
This one came east of Savage.  It tasted great.  I hate to hint that pike fillets also make tasty deep fry fritters.  I wish Vt.
would treat both walleye and pike more conservatively. 
The Inland Sea was once a prime location for evening walleye jigging.  Maybe someday , again?   
Dick

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2020, 11:00 AM »
 ::)OK for Vt fishermen fishing NH waters this indicates the helpful returns you will get. 
Maybe you should hope for more returns related to NH fishermen coming to Champlain.

Hess

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Very nice fish -- congrats (always good to see Walleye coming of Champlain -- they used to be much more widespread in the lake back in the late 60s/ & early/mid 70s...)!

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Cottage in Keeler Bay had an ancient renters journal that had many stories of evening walleye fishing near Cedar Island.  This was probably in the late 60s.
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.