FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond  (Read 22073 times)

hinkydo

Re: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond
« Reply #60 on: Jun 24, 2022, 07:13 AM »
Glad you're still plugging along Jboggey, hinkydo is still catching perch both Port Bay and Little Sodus when I can afford the gas to fish.

FISH ON  hinkydo

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #61 on: Jun 24, 2022, 06:24 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals.
Sorry to vent on this post. I should be grateful the Lord has given me good enough health and mental awareness at 77 years of age to go back to work.

Many my age ,I am sure, do not have that option. Yesterday the glass was half empty. Today , it’s half full. It’s all in your perspective on life I guess. There is dignity in work.

Boggey

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #62 on: Jun 24, 2022, 07:17 PM »
Yo Jim..  Vent all you want..
 Just remember , you will always have friends here to listen pal.. ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #63 on: Jun 24, 2022, 08:44 PM »
Jbog I have some SERIOUS respect for someone your age going to work full time. Especially when people take the easy way out most of the time nowadays.

Get out there and chase some fish!

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #64 on: Jun 27, 2022, 05:08 PM »
Many at 27 do not have that level of work ethic!! I love to work and will probably never completely retire....show them how it done Jboggey!!

SeanP

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #65 on: Jun 29, 2022, 01:06 PM »
Jbog I have some SERIOUS respect for someone your age going to work full time. Especially when people take the easy way out most of the time nowadays.

Get out there and chase some fish!
X2!!
Nice job findin em

ArkAngel

« Reply #66 on: Jun 30, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Hello Jim...

...and it was surely good to hear from you last week..! 

I finally found the time to log on and register on MFF.  Another Ice Shanty consumer of information (ArkAngel) that has made the summer conversion to MFF. 

I LOVED (however sad but true) your "back to work" post and your ECONO 301 lessons.  Like Stu - I prefer to remain non political here - as much as I agree with your position(s) I've seen too many otherwise good relationship and friendships lost or diminished because of it.

No worries on the venting - you certainly have it coming.  And Jim...you are my hero..!  How many people would have stood in the gap and stepped up - and essentially changed the rules of the game..?  You didn't just sit there and let life happen to you - you changed the rules and turned the tables!  Bravo, my friend!

Why is it, Jim...that every time I think of you - I think of egg battered, crumb coated perch fillets and my mouth begins to water?  Pavlov's theory?

Annie and I are leaving for camp at the Pond Friday after work.  On Sunday we plan to fish the SLR in Cape Vincent around Carlton Island, weather and waves permitting...big water out there.
Then hook up with my brothers family on Wellesley Island for Fireworks...then Clayton for a few days...then back to camp for the remainder of the week of the 4th.

Anyone with perch/walleye info on that section of Cape Vincent - I'd love to hear from you. 

And JBogg...?  Keep fighting the good fight.

Illegitimi non carborundum  ;)

Alter boys...?

~ArkAngel

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #67 on: Jul 10, 2022, 07:36 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals
Well now, I almost went fishing today. The “almost “ part started in the early am when I checked my battery charger was hooked to the boat battery Saturday evening but I forgot to plug the charger into the outlet. Next , my passenger side tire was really soft from sitting in my yard for 5 weeks without any attention.

Hard to believe, it’s been 5 weeks since the Sea Nymph has felt the gentle caress of the water rushing along its hull. The early start I had envisioned went down the tubes. Left with the nightmare of waiting 10 deep to launch gave me second thoughts as well. I chucked it in and went to pick cherries to can some preserves instead.

Much as I feared, Old Boggey has to compete with all the other weekend warriors. Can’t wait till I reretire so I can get out during the weekdays again.

All that being said, work has not been that bad. My old boss welcomed me back with open arms and I can still make a difference and a contribution to the bottom line. So guys and gals . Next weekend, with proper planning, I will get up extra early. Batteries fully charged and tires fully inflated to fill the freezer with some perch and walleye.

Yo ArkAngel, you can’t throw me with that Latin. I took Latin one semester. Besides that , I got the internet too look it up. I thought you said you weren’t political👍 😁😁😁

Boggey out

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #68 on: Aug 25, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals
How are you all doing? Just a quick catch you up on The new rejuvenated, back to work Jboggey.

Fishing has been scant. Getting reports from my buds and visually can confirm, water in the Pond is low. A lot of boaters are “poling” in and out of the cut.

Planned on getting out on the Pond this weekend. Stu called me Monday. He is helping some of his stranded neighbors getting back to their respective launch.

I’m thinking Henderson may be the better choice. Well all for now. Got to get back to work.😁😁😁👍
Boggey

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #69 on: Aug 25, 2022, 10:27 AM »
Boggey, good to hear that work it going OK.
The lake is down 3 feet from avg. Catching a few walleyes, lots of shorts. Been TOO hot for me to be on the water as much as I would like.
Take care....h2l

hinkydo

« Reply #70 on: Aug 25, 2022, 10:35 AM »
jboggey, glad everything is going well.
 I have fished Port Bay still some perch there, I have not caught all of them yet.
Will post when and if I find the mother load. Should be biting soon fall is here.

hinkydo FISH ON

lowaccord66

« Reply #71 on: Aug 25, 2022, 11:16 AM »

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #72 on: Sep 11, 2022, 03:47 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Wish I had something more positive to report to you all about the Pond this summer.
The water level has fallen drastically over the summer months. At mid summer most of us were unable to get through the cut with even shallow draft boats.

Now, the water is actually dropping more drastically on a daily basis. I assisted my neighbor remove his boat from the water yesterday. He keeps his boat on its own hoist on the south side of Blind Creek. He had to lower his boat to rest on the now waterless bottom of the  creek. He had to drag, lift and push his boat through the mud and dried up weeds to reach the waters edge.

He then walked his boat across the creek to the Stanley Boat launch channel where he had enough water to run his boat to the ramp.

The water was so low at the ramp, in his attempt to run his boat up on the trailer his prop struck bottom and obliterated the blades. I took some pictures around the waters edge. I
have heard some other scenarios of similar nature.

It will be interesting to see how the water fluctuations will effect the fish populations. All for now.

filetandrelease

« Reply #73 on: Sep 11, 2022, 03:52 PM »

Thanks for the report Jim

hinkydo

« Reply #74 on: Sep 12, 2022, 07:35 AM »
Jboggey
 We can only hope it will get better like are government.
I did get out yesterday and blew some stink off. Found a big school of perch in Little Sodus, it was a good sign. Had to chase the cormorants of them because they were only 5-7 inches. Action caught over 100 kept 20 to filet and baked them up for dinner.
 Hopefully they get to grow bigger, hate them F-ers. 

hinkydo FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.