FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 516208 times)

krispcritter

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5190 on: Apr 11, 2024, 12:29 PM »
Anyone else put anything in the ground yet? Started a new asparagus bed with only 10 crowns this time, first planting of butter crunch and romaine lettuce, carrots, beets, onions and a few russet and red potatoes in the ground.  Onions showing signs of green already.
To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5191 on: Apr 12, 2024, 05:41 AM »
Still piles of snow here so i will wait a couple more weeks. Calling for snow showers tomorrow.
 Here’s a good tip.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Badbrad2186

« Reply #5192 on: Apr 12, 2024, 01:17 PM »
Still piles of snow here so i will wait a couple more weeks. Calling for snow showers tomorrow.
 Here’s a good tip.

I knew this been doing it for years but some of the greatest advice from an old timer 20+ years ago

krispcritter

« Reply #5193 on: Apr 24, 2024, 07:39 AM »
Anyone else have anything growing?
Pepper ready for a transplant

Potatoes showing signs of green.

Lettuce and carrots are still under row covers but are growing. Will have to do some weeding after this rain stops in a few days.

Onions looking good.

Celery and leeks are slowly coming around.

To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

piscesman

« Reply #5194 on: Apr 24, 2024, 06:22 PM »
I started my seeds 3 weeks ago. Another round last weekend. Lots coming up. We purchased LED grow lights at a yard sale and leave it on 24/7. Only draws 60 watts. 2 types of tomatoes, 2 beans, swiss chard and peas. Still have to build my garden out of 4 doors screwed together. Used foam egg cartons with holes in them and set back in their tops that holds potting soil with seeds. Can put water in to help keep all of them moist and not fall apart. Still waiting for others seeds to start sprouting. So far, so good.........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5195 on: Apr 24, 2024, 07:12 PM »
Harvested my first asparagus yesterday we breaded that and deep fried for dinner. Delicious!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #5196 on: Apr 24, 2024, 10:39 PM »
Up planted my sundrop cherry tomato plants today . d**n tremors in my hands , started them in 3 inch pots and some had 4-5 plants growing . They should be happier now. Plenty to grow , sell and give away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.