FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42473 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #45 on: Aug 08, 2021, 10:50 AM »
Nice sunrise Bob..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: Aug 08, 2021, 03:14 PM »
The pictures don’t do it justice. If I wasn’t bouncing around on a mower I’d take my camera and get some good pics.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: Aug 09, 2021, 03:28 PM »
That’s my Boy!

After mowing approaches this morning, the Super asked me if I’d like to to go out and help him watering greens this morning. My Son sure knows what he’s doing on a golf course. The Super is a really nice guy. He knows Rob and I enjoy our time together. A bit of bonus time from him.

That’s a fire hose quality stream. About 40’ or so. You can see him leaning into it.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #48 on: Aug 09, 2021, 04:09 PM »
That's so great that you found something you and your son can do together (and get paid for it).

My son got married last week and we played a round of golf wedding morning. The grounds keeper made some impossible hole location cuts, one on a mound that reminded me of the volcano hole on a miniature golf course. Funny guy!         

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #49 on: Aug 09, 2021, 04:16 PM »
Bet it beats that other place you worked part time for…, ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #50 on: Aug 09, 2021, 09:56 PM »
That’s my Boy!

After mowing approaches this morning, the Super asked me if I’d like to to go out and help him watering greens this morning. My Son sure knows what he’s doing on a golf course. The Super is a really nice guy. He knows Rob and I enjoy our time together. A bit of bonus time from him.

That’s a fire hose quality stream. About 40’ or so. You can see him leaning into it.

Nice, it's great you can work together and get along, hated working with my dad.

gotagetm

« Reply #51 on: Aug 09, 2021, 11:22 PM »
I'm with you Mean!!!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: Aug 10, 2021, 04:50 AM »
We get along just fine. He’s teaching me the ins and outs of course maintenance every day. He’s really good at it.

And, you’re right Dom. Way…way better than dealing with the nonsense at Lowe’s.

fishinator

« Reply #53 on: Aug 10, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Huh? I was always told golf is for people who can't fish!  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Aug 10, 2021, 03:01 PM »
Nah it’s GOLF
Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden

I’m sure I’ll get some flack for that. Anyway, I’m mowing fairways tomorrow. Gonna be a long one in this
heat and humidity. I’m sure my Son will bail me out when he’s done cutting cups.

filetandrelease

« Reply #55 on: Aug 10, 2021, 07:23 PM »
Huh? I was always told golf is for people who can't fish!  ;D
Lol ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #56 on: Aug 11, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Well, my son and I teamed up this morning. He came out to help me finish the front 9 after a 40 minute rainstorm came through. Sure was fun to mow fairways side by side with him.

He sent me a text earlier this morning and told me I was doing a great job. That’s a pretty good compliment. He’s as fussy as I am. The super seems to like my work as well. He asked me if I’d come in tomorrow to mow fairways for a big tournament on Friday. Guess I’m doing OK!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Aug 11, 2021, 01:33 PM »
I have to get my GoPro out and do some recording. Could be fun.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #58 on: Aug 11, 2021, 06:48 PM »
Dam, that's great, a little hard work always pays off.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #59 on: Aug 12, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Started mowing fairways at 5:30 am. Stopped mowing fairways 40 minutes later. The mower, which is pretty new, kept shutting down completely. It’s been doing this for a while. I’ve told the “mechanic” ( no offense to real mechanics) about it several times. So I turned the problem over to my Son. After a bit of pressure from him, the “mechanic” bypassed the seat safety switch. A problem I suggested days ago.

Anyway, my son took over on the fairway mower and I went on to mowing tees.

Another big day tomorrow. The Member/ Guest  tournament. We’ll be doing finishing touches tomorrow morning. The course looks fantastic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.