FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42694 times)

meandcuznalfy

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #75 on: Aug 25, 2021, 12:23 PM »
Nice, very pretty course you have.

lowaccord66

« Reply #76 on: Aug 25, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Now I see what you mean RG.  Sweet gig!  Ive seen semi retired folks taking all sort of jobs that have become available with the 'great resignation'. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #77 on: Aug 25, 2021, 01:27 PM »
It really is a very nice course thanks to my Son and the Super. They work really hard and it shows. I’m happy to be able to help. I’ve gotten the hang of the triplex and fairway mowers. Next my Son is going to teach me to mow greens…..the right way. I haven’t cut cups or placed plugs but I’ve been helping him on tournament days. I’d be too slow at it to prep for a tourney. But I’ll be cutting some before the year is out.

Best part is the commute. 4.5 miles I think. Maybe less.

Did I mention I really like this job?
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #78 on: Aug 26, 2021, 11:17 AM »
This is “Old Frank” the goose.

He hangs around the first tee most of the time. Doesn’t fly any more. Has a hard time walking too. He’s just old.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #79 on: Aug 27, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Well, my Son had to catch “Old Frank” and move him off the 10th tee. He thinks  he may have moved him to his final resting place. We may give him a good place to rest with a marker….if he passes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #80 on: Aug 27, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Shoveling sand for a couple hours this morning. Filling the rebuilt bunker. Plenty of help on this one.even the Super was moving sand.

My Son setting sod staples in the weed barrier.

The almost finished project.

Still have to clean up the edges and probably place more sand after it compacts in a couple weeks.

Looks odd to me. The rest of the bunkers on the course are a brown sand. But, it’s what the owner and pro wanted. They say it’s a visual target off the tee.

I wouldn’t aim there on a bet. It’s way off line from center of fairway or a good line to the green. I’d have filled it in and made it a nice grassy barrier from the surrounding homes.

filetandrelease

« Reply #81 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:05 PM »

Least it’s easy , beats the hell outta asphalt on a hot day

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #82 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:29 PM »
I do know how to use a transfer shovel. Not my first day shoveling………..stuff. I was having fun watching two of the guys using a short handled  “manure “ shovel. Trying to scoop full loads and spread them. They didn’t last long.

Sand is over 100lbs per cubic foot.

“Old Bull and The Young Bull” I guess.

filetandrelease

« Reply #83 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:41 PM »

Short handle shovels move more material than long handle unless you are a tall person , as you don’t shovel as you cast , but thats running back fill crews for  25 years

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #84 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:50 PM »
This was kind of fill and flop. Flop shovel fulls of sand one next to the other and they kind of even out at a depth when you rake it out. My Son showed me that. Casting away doesn’t work for setting a bunker.

The kid really does know what he’s doing. Kid…ha! He’s 45 and been doing this for 25 years.

Can’t express how much I enjoy learning from him.

filetandrelease

« Reply #85 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:55 PM »

Sorry I should have known that a fine grade foreman wouldn’t know this , as grade had to be+- 1/4”to  pass state spec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #86 on: Aug 27, 2021, 06:04 PM »
I know nothing about laying roadways Fred. Less about building a golf course bunker.

I can tell you how to make a toy wood train though. And …I’m getting better at mowing grass.

filetandrelease

« Reply #87 on: Aug 27, 2021, 06:06 PM »
I know nothing about laying roadways Fred. Less about building a golf course bunker.

I can tell you how to make a toy wood train though. And …I’m getting better at mowing grass.
I’m glad you like it , I retired to spend more time fishing and enjoying my 2 grand children

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #88 on: Aug 27, 2021, 06:16 PM »
I totally understand that.

My Grandson is headed for college this year. He’s a very busy young man.

I don’t fish much any more in the hot months. Being able to spend time working with my Son has been a very special retirement reward. We’re good friends.

Good weight loss program as well. Dropped 16 lbs since starting at the course.

Guess I missed the daily interactions as much as anything.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #89 on: Aug 29, 2021, 08:08 AM »
Pretty morning to be out helping my son change pins for the Club Championship.

The Master at work.

On a Sad note, poor “Old Frank” the goose passed away.

Guess it was just his time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.