FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 43542 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #180 on: Mar 23, 2022, 05:35 AM »
Yeah, a lot of work so far. So much more to do. We’re anxious to get out on the grass. Weather isn’t cooperating though. Calling for a high of 27 on Sunday and a low of 18.

Stupid cold for this time of year.

It's that global warming thing.

Mac Attack

« Reply #181 on: Mar 23, 2022, 06:29 AM »
I guess!
Another couple months and we’ll be complaining that it’s too hot.

Maybe you will.
 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #182 on: Mar 24, 2022, 04:17 AM »
60’s today…might be rolling and mowing tees…..I hope.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

nh3fitter

« Reply #183 on: Mar 24, 2022, 09:44 AM »
You are doing a good job with this course where is it? Might want to play it sometime.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #184 on: Mar 24, 2022, 03:17 PM »
Blue Heron Hills Golf. Walworth Ny. Bring an extra dozen balls. It ain’t easy.

Didn’t mow today. Small issue at the “Midway Cafe”

Ended up putting a temporary patch on the hole. We’ll do a good bandaid pitch tomorrow until they get a roofer to complete the repair.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

nh3fitter

« Reply #185 on: Mar 24, 2022, 04:39 PM »
I have played there your right good place to clean out your bag of extra balls. Keep up the good work

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #186 on: Mar 24, 2022, 06:50 PM »
Thanks! We intend to.
Hope to see you out there again. It a really special course.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #187 on: Mar 24, 2022, 10:39 PM »
Thanks! We intend to.
Hope to see you put there again. It a really special course.

You guys are cleaning it up nicely. Got run down there for a while

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #188 on: Mar 25, 2022, 04:30 AM »
Yeah, the new owners are all about making it great again. It’s such a unique course for this area. Not one adjacent fairway. Huge tees and greens and a challenge for sure. It’ll look a whole lot different this year. In 3 years it’ll be close to the private club conditions it was when it first opened.

And all “forever wild”.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #189 on: Mar 25, 2022, 02:27 PM »
The three of us were talking over how we should start mowing fairways. The Super came up with yet another brilliant idea.

The plan was to take the turbine blower and blow the winter debris off the fairways, mow, rake with a tow behind to break up the snow mold, mow again and then run the turbine blower again to blow off the clippings.

He thought up the idea of making a hitch for the fairway mower to tow the turbine killing two birds with one stone.

A bit of reverse engineering and….

Worked pretty darned well.. love being involved in this kind of stuff.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #190 on: Mar 30, 2022, 05:22 AM »
We’re getting down to the wire. I’m officially back on the payroll as of today. Member volunteer course cleanup is Saturday. My Son and I may be out working on cart paths today if the weather cooperates. We refurbished a long neglected York rake the past couple days.

We’ve been asked to set cups on the greens by Friday. So I’d guess we’ll be mowing and rolling at some point. There’s a lot to do to get it opened up.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #191 on: Mar 30, 2022, 02:53 PM »
Bob that’s so cool you can hang with your son , enjoy what your doing and still get paid for it…👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #192 on: Mar 30, 2022, 04:28 PM »
Priceless Dom. He’s so good at what he does to boot. Makes me very proud.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #193 on: Apr 01, 2022, 05:24 AM »
My Son and I spent a long hard day setting up the course yesterday. Backpack blowers clearing debris from 18 greens and 34 tees. Set up tee markers and cups on the greens, whipping worm castings from tees and greens. ( dew whips are a real workout).

Not easy keeping up with him , but I managed. First 8 hour day I’ve worked in 10 years.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #194 on: Apr 02, 2022, 01:41 PM »
Volunteer member course cleanup day today. First ever that anyone could remember. We had about 40 people show up to pick up sticks and rake tees. They did a really great job and got a lot done.

Owners were really happy with us and made it known.

Win….win!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.