FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42461 times)

iceman260

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #240 on: Jun 03, 2022, 05:42 AM »
Saw two in the road dead yesterday they were about fifty feet apart.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #241 on: Jun 03, 2022, 10:11 AM »
Something got this nest last night.

This is the smal flock on the back pond.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #242 on: Jun 03, 2022, 07:18 PM »
Snapping turtle taste so good

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #243 on: Jun 05, 2022, 12:44 PM »
Help yourself….they look to prehistoric for me to consider .
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jperch

« Reply #244 on: Jun 05, 2022, 01:35 PM »
Help yourself….they look to prehistoric for me to consider .
And they accumulate toxins.  There is a lot of research done with snappers to measure toxins in the environment.  A biologist friend recommended not eating them, especially for young people.  In my area I know people used to catch them and send them down to NYC where there was a lucrative market.  I don't imagine that was legal.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #245 on: Jun 05, 2022, 02:05 PM »
I’d agree with you 100%. They’re so old and live in some of the worst waters….and survive somehow.

First I can’t imagine killing one…second I can’t imagine eating one.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #246 on: Jun 05, 2022, 06:40 PM »
I’d agree with you 100%. They’re so old and live in some of the worst waters….and survive somehow.

First I can’t imagine killing one…second I can’t imagine eating one.

Snapping turtle stew is so good. Those huge ones are no good 12-15 inches measured in a straight line are the best eaters

filetandrelease

« Reply #247 on: Jun 05, 2022, 09:09 PM »

http://
Is it illegal to sell turtles in New York? You can legally sell turtles in New York only if you have a license or a permit. If you don't own one it is ...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #248 on: Jun 12, 2022, 08:42 AM »
Love mowing greens on Sunday morning.

Laser lines👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #249 on: Jun 29, 2022, 12:18 PM »
Well, US Fish and Wildlife rounded up exactly 100 geese from the course today. They’re on their way to a meat processor to become the main “course”.

Only 1 gosling got away.

They’ve been tearing up the fairways, tees and greens. Not to mention depositing the remains EVERYWHERE!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #250 on: Jun 29, 2022, 12:36 PM »
Hope there going to feed the homeless..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #251 on: Jun 29, 2022, 01:16 PM »
I’m not sure of that Dom, but I’d sure take a few pounds of sausage as payback for dew whipping goose crap.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #252 on: Jun 29, 2022, 03:52 PM »
Man what I would do to just get 1 day in of goose hunting on a golf course.
Wicked Wec

ran7ger

« Reply #253 on: Jun 29, 2022, 06:26 PM »
 seasoned with roundup and pesticide...mmm  ;D

rg - honestly curious about what dew whipping goose turds accomplishes?  doesn't it just smear and make a mess?  we have our share of geese on the course here and just hide shovels in the bush around the greens and tees they like to dump on.

we used to get the crew to do a goose round up when they lost their flight feathers but kids don't go for that these days!

got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #254 on: Jun 30, 2022, 01:54 AM »
Pretty much it just breaks up the crap unless it’s dry. The greens mower picks up most of it anyway. We’re mowing greens at .125” .  Fairways and approaches are another story. First you get tar spots, then you get bright green tufts of grass all over the place. Looks pretty ugly compared to the other fairways. Not to mention that they pull the turf out buy the roots.
 Worst part is that the two finishing holes are at the clubhouse and it’s on the main pond. The retention pond is right there as well. They just hang out there and crap all around the clubhouse and putting green.

There’s a bunch of people in need that will get some good food out of this, and, it’ll save us a ton of valuable man hours to do other things on the course.

Last spring we wanted to hire a guy who brings his border collies out to the course 5 days a week to chase the geese away  before they nest. The new owners didn’t want to do that then. After seeing the results, I’ll bet they let us do that next year.

I’m off today. Gonna take my walk in a bit and go fishing👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.