FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42447 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #285 on: Aug 18, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Played 18 with my Son this morning. We were the first out at 6:45. What a perfect day to play our course. Got around  in 3 1/2 hrs taking our time all the way.

So nice to spend that time together.  Laughing, talking, joking and trying to hit that silly ball somewhere positive.

Golf is interesting. It’s the only game where the object is to do as little as possible. Had fun anyway.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #286 on: Aug 21, 2022, 09:14 AM »
This is how I start mowing greens this time of year. About 5:05 am

Starting to get a little light by the time I get to #3 ( the 5 th green I mow)

By the time I get to #4 (the 7th green I mow) it’s starting to get pretty.

By the time I got to 15 which is the last green I mow, it was pouring. Nothing but a few sprinkles till then. Got soaked finishing that green and heading back to the shop.

Figures!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #287 on: Aug 22, 2022, 11:06 AM »
It was a very soggy morning mowing tees, approaches and collars this morning. My Son got stuck mowing greens. He was just plain wet. I had the old man sense to take my rain suit. He didn’t really care about it one way or the other.

.67 “ of rain in the last 24 hrs. More to come ……hopefully. Much needed.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #288 on: Aug 22, 2022, 07:08 PM »
Tik Tok
Sept. 1st…..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #289 on: Aug 23, 2022, 12:18 PM »
They came back to the course and have since disappeared. Haven’t seen one in a week or so. Probably gone down to the finger lakes and all the corn fields.

One can only hope.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #290 on: Aug 23, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Well…another wet day out on the course. My partner and I made great progress clearing the edge of a problem tee. It’s been 5 weeks (5 days) that we’ve been working on this area. But we got it mostly under control. Rained all day out there.

The Super was spraying wetting agents on the greens all morning. Kind of weird to see the greens being watered with irrigation in the middle of a 1 3/4” rain event. He’s something else…but he knows what he’s doing.

When we got back to the shop (soaking wet) he greeted us with a fresh hot breakfast pizza. What a great guy! Warm food really hit the spot. Made a fresh pot of coffee too.

Chatted with him out on the course. He thanked us for working through the nasty weather. Told him if he wasn’t out there right along with us, we’d have bailed long ago. But, he was right in the thick of it. Can’t ask for much more from a co-worker.

Even if he is the boss.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #291 on: Sep 02, 2022, 01:11 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #292 on: Sep 02, 2022, 01:20 PM »
That may be Dom. But, I never drink when I golf or fish. I do both well…but they never cross paths. I’m good at both, but there’s a time and place for everything..

We make hundreds for the shop each year just from the can returns. That funds our parties and such. People are nutz out there. We find empty bottles of booze and thousands of cans and bottles

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #293 on: Sep 02, 2022, 03:40 PM »
My Son and I played yesterday. We did very well through the front 9. We both kind of lost it for a few holes and then we recovered. Not the worst or best golf we’ve played. But, time very well spent with my Son enjoying the course we both love so much.

Priceless!

Mac Attack

« Reply #294 on: Sep 02, 2022, 04:04 PM »
That may be Dom. But, I never drink when I golf or fish. I do both well…but they never cross paths. I’m good at both, but there’s a time and place for everything..

Ditto Bob.
Never drink while fishing, boating, golfing, or bowling.
There is time afterwards for a pop or two.

I used to.
Older, and (maybe) wiser.

ran7ger

« Reply #295 on: Sep 03, 2022, 10:45 AM »
 i must still be young because as i've always just assumed people only golfed and bowled so they could drink beer.
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #296 on: Sep 03, 2022, 11:37 AM »
You’d think so from all the alcohol containers we collect off the course.

My Son and I really just want to play golf. (He doesn’t fish). I will say that the drinkers are the visitors. Never see members out there drinking. But then, I’m not there for the leagues.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #297 on: Sep 03, 2022, 11:41 AM »
I have only golfed once. And that was 18 holes for a bachelor party.  We got about 1 mile per gallon. 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

« Reply #298 on: Sep 03, 2022, 12:08 PM »
Dom, I also have only played one round of golf. That was with my fifth grade teacher when I was in high school. It was not for me.

I did spent a lot of time on our local golf course trapping muskrats. That was my cup of tea, not tee. I will say it must be a great stress reliever for some. If they could hit a ball straight down the fairway as they hit the ball deep into the swamp they would be a great golfer.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #299 on: Sep 03, 2022, 02:02 PM »
It’s a few great shots (strikes) that keep a golfer coming back. That laser straight drive, a fairway wood or iron struck pure, the perfect chip in or a spot on putt.

It’s a skill for sure. The only sport endeavor where the prime objective is to do as little as possible…..as many times as possible.

Anyway, real quality time with my Son. We have a lot of fun together.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.