FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Soon to be retired  (Read 25107 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Soon to be retired
« Reply #135 on: Sep 02, 2022, 12:17 PM »
Donna reminded me of something earlier.  Wednesday was actually my last "official" day of employment.  I have been using up vacation time.  So yesterday I was officially retired.
Things have been crazy busy for Donna and I here at the new house in Florida.  We are making progress but are a long way from being done..............if that ever happens.
We had new windows installed and they are wonderful.  We have also ordered new blinds for the windows and also new windows and a door for the screen room.  Currently, the screen room cannot be closed, and it gets wet out there every time it rains hard.  So, we are yanking the screens and installing new picture windows and also a window on each wall that can be opened for a breeze when we want to go that route.  We are also replacing the door with a sturdier one that has a window in it that also opens for ventilation when needed.
Yesterday we moved a bed, a dresser, a chair, a sofa, and 2 night stands out of the master bedroom.  Our new furniture, minus the new bed, is coming later today.  So, the current bed and the dresser are being moved in the spare bedroom, with the remainder of those other items either going to a neighbor or the Salvation Army.
I also had Geek Squad connect my wide screen tv to the surround system.  I spent 2.5 days trying to figure out the HDMI eARC CEC system and finally gave up.
We still have a few remaining large, planned projects.  We will double the size of the shed.  In Florida, this requires a few more permits and approvals than required up north.  So, I will start this project next week.  The next is our water lines.  We think they are polybutylene, which is bad juju.  They deteriorate in 20-22 years and then leak.  So, I need to get a plumber here to inspect and if they are, give me an estimate for replacement.  We will also ask him/her to give us a price on upgrading faucets in the place.  Last item is the roof.  I need to get up there and personally inspect it.  The home inspection said it was fine, but I want to see it myself.  I want to see how long we have before replacement is needed, and also see how many layers are up there currently.
And lastly, next week, I need to get that motorhome and tow dolly both listed for sale.  I cannot buy a boat until I have room for it.  The motorhome and dolly are in our storage spot in our park's storage compound.
We are making progress, but things are still far from done so we can chill.
We are loving life!!!

Happy Friday.  😎

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: Sep 02, 2022, 01:14 PM »
Think we’ll just stay here. Sounds like far less headaches and expense. And…there’s nothing about Florida that ever attracted me. Been there many times….not interested. Some different fishing, but no woods or hills or seasons ( other that hurricane season).

To each his own I guess.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #137 on: Sep 02, 2022, 03:10 PM »
Yes

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #138 on: Sep 02, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Yup!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #139 on: Sep 02, 2022, 04:27 PM »
Think we’ll just stay here. Sounds like far less headaches and expense. And…there’s nothing about Florida that ever attracted me. Been there many times….not interested. Some different fishing, but no woods or hills or seasons ( other that hurricane season).
 X2 plus unbearable heat unless your lizard like , yep to each their own

gotagetm

« Reply #140 on: Sep 02, 2022, 05:02 PM »
Yup no desire here to go to Florida again, nothing special to me ,but that's just me ,I'll stay for my 4 seasons ! Just about to start the best ....fall! Starting to hunt and perching coming up!!

KingPerch

« Reply #141 on: Sep 03, 2022, 11:23 AM »
There’s big bass in Florida!!😁🎣 and, gators to fish along side of. Only two things that would draw me there.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Mac Attack

« Reply #142 on: Sep 03, 2022, 01:23 PM »
There’s big bass in Florida!!😁🎣 and, gators to fish along side of. Only two things that would draw me there.

My son Jeff, many years ago on the Peace River down here.
We literally saw 100's of gators that day.

KingPerch

« Reply #143 on: Sep 03, 2022, 02:48 PM »

My son Jeff, many years ago on the Peace River down here.
We literally saw 100's of gators that day.

😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

taxid

« Reply #144 on: Sep 05, 2022, 06:18 AM »
I'm officially retired now too, although I have a few customer fish to finish I took in before I retired. Took the sign down the other day.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

gotagetm

« Reply #145 on: Sep 05, 2022, 06:26 AM »
Congrats taxid !!!!

Mac Attack

« Reply #146 on: Sep 05, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Sweet!
Now the real work starts.

:rotflol:

taxid

« Reply #147 on: Sep 05, 2022, 02:09 PM »
Sweet!
Now the real work starts.

:rotflol:

Yeah so many things to do on the house and the property!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #148 on: Sep 05, 2022, 02:09 PM »
Congrats taxid !!!!

Thanks. 38 years is enough!

Johnnh

« Reply #149 on: Sep 05, 2022, 02:25 PM »
Taxid,
I have been retired for 4 years now.
Congratulations and welcome to the club

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.