FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bullheads  (Read 16813 times)

iceman13166

Re: bullheads
« Reply #120 on: Apr 18, 2022, 05:35 AM »
Went out last night, Only person on the whole pond.  Caught 9 big yellow bellies but froze my fingers.  Due to frostbite as a kid my fingers can't take the cold so left after couple hours

62 & Done

« Reply #121 on: Apr 18, 2022, 08:58 AM »
i want a nice night for a family  bullhead outing  ;D
[/quote

I'm with you Trapp  Would like a nice warm, calm evening  I don't think that has happened yet. Frozen fingers and steady sprinkles with occasional wind gusts of 20 plus is not inviting to most. Including myself

PerchEyes

« Reply #122 on: Apr 18, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Went out Friday and Saturday nights in front of my place fishing with worms. Only thing I caught was a buzz. Not one bite!

Fabow

« Reply #123 on: Apr 18, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Rest of the week looks crappy, gonna try this weekend.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #124 on: Apr 18, 2022, 12:24 PM »
Went out Friday and Saturday nights in front of my place fishing with worms. Only thing I caught was a buzz. Not one bite!

i  haven't  really  hammered them at all this  year

as  far as  cold  fingers i used  more  hand  warmers  bullhead fishing then i  did all ice  season
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Fabow

« Reply #125 on: Apr 18, 2022, 12:58 PM »
Maybe take the ice house and the heater bullhead fishing!

Badbrad2186

« Reply #126 on: Apr 19, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Maybe take the ice house and the heater bullhead fishing!

I have taken the polar pal and sat in it with heater fishing perch from shore right after ice out

iceman13166

« Reply #127 on: Apr 19, 2022, 06:56 AM »
The big buddy heater will go with me next time along with an easy up 10x10 for the rain lol  Waiting on the bigger leeches to arrive.  If anyone traps them let me know I'll buy them

filetandrelease

« Reply #128 on: Apr 19, 2022, 07:34 AM »

I know it’s not mud guzzler fishing but
 We were in goons boat a few days ago in   2-3s perch fishing and had the buddy heater cranked , but we were fishing , catching was slow lol

trapper2000

« Reply #129 on: Apr 19, 2022, 07:56 AM »
big  deck  umbrella and the my buddy  hand warmers and  hot tea or coffee we stand a chance lol

62 & Done

« Reply #130 on: Apr 19, 2022, 09:15 AM »
I'm trying to rig up an umbrella in the boat. Haven't got it figured out yet. It just seems to be in the way, falls down, pain in the wind, etc.

filetandrelease

« Reply #131 on: Apr 19, 2022, 09:23 AM »
I'm trying to rig up an umbrella in the boat. Haven't got it figured out yet. It just seems to be in the way, falls down, pain in the wind, etc.
I put 1 in my boat , pvc with couplers on each fits umbrella pole perfect , and goes right in my pedestal base
 Sorry no pics , when I get the ol gal out I’ll get a couple

Badbrad2186

« Reply #132 on: Apr 19, 2022, 10:29 AM »
The big buddy heater will go with me next time along with an easy up 10x10 for the rain lol  Waiting on the bigger leeches to arrive.  If anyone traps them let me know I'll buy them

I know Davenports had some nice ones in last week or week before when I was there

trapper2000

« Reply #133 on: Apr 19, 2022, 12:37 PM »
were i bullhead fish i  back the truck  right to the water i  have a  rod  holder  i hook to a  bucket .fill with water ,  slide in the  bed of the  truck  toss the umbrella in, turn  heater on  and sit on the  tail  gate pour a  coffee and watch the rods

62 & Done

« Reply #134 on: Apr 19, 2022, 03:16 PM »
were i bullhead fish i  back the truck  right to the water i  have a  rod  holder  i hook to a  bucket .fill with water ,  slide in the  bed of the  truck  toss the umbrella in, turn  heater on  and sit on the  tail  gate pour a  coffee and watch the rods

Wish I could do that, sounds so much easier than trailering the boat to and from.  where I fish I can't get near the water on foot or tire, got to use the boat. It's worth the trouble though, bullheads are great eating and come in descent size.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.