FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bullheads  (Read 16780 times)

62 & Done

Re: bullheads
« Reply #150 on: Apr 26, 2022, 05:50 PM »
i don't care  what anyone  says  i  ain't  never seen  anyone  catch a  bucket of bullheads threw the  ice  ......3  or  4  absolutely  a  bucket  then  hell would  be  colder then that  frozen lake

Me too trap' I've caught a few but that's about it. In fact this last season in march we caught a couple each time we went out but I would love to learn how to catch a mess thru the ice. I'm just a bullhead kinda guy. I love em almost as much as a big gill.

stripernut

« Reply #151 on: Apr 26, 2022, 08:11 PM »
Jigging at night I move around a bunch and they come thru in schools. No bait is needed just something that glows, if I wanted a bucket all I would need to do is chase the school as I do with yellow perch. Happy to take anyone that wants next season, I don't care I rather eat perch and crappy...

iceman13166

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2022, 10:13 AM »
Sry been away so long.  Covid grabbed me again but I'm still here.  While I was sick my leeches died and haven't found a bait shop with any since.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2022, 09:53 AM »
Got out Friday night with 3 friends for some bullhead fishing. I tied a mini version of an inline trot line with the weight on the bottom and a couple of floating jig heads above on dropper loops. It worked great! Landed 17 bulls and a bonus 14" spawned out perch. Two of the guys got a skunk and one other guy landed 2. I really like the new setup! Zero tangles too. From shore, using shrimp.

PerchEyes

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2022, 11:08 AM »
Congrats Rugburn.
Using floating jig heads is a great idea!

Fabow

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Great job, what time do we eat?

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2022, 04:11 PM »
I did share :P. Cleaned all the fish the next morning, then took half to the other guys. The wife and I had a fish fry last night, then fish sandwiches for lunch today. She's making a fish chowder for tonight with some ramps we picked Sunday. I'd say that went a long way for a few hours fishing. Got some bonus thank you's from the guys today! Fun outing for sure. I've been stuck machining since ice fishing.

KingPerch

« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2022, 06:40 PM »
Got out Friday night with 3 friends for some bullhead fishing. I tied a mini version of an inline trot line with the weight on the bottom and a couple of floating jig heads above on dropper loops. It worked great! Landed 17 bulls and a bonus 14" spawned out perch. Two of the guys got a skunk and one other guy landed 2. I really like the new setup! Zero tangles too. From shore, using shrimp.

Good job bud!!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

62 & Done

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2022, 03:32 PM »
started out after walleye and when I limited early   on a 3 fish - 18" water I decided to put my crawlers to work and got 21 of these beauties  Bugs were horrible behind the lights

Fabow

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2022, 07:29 AM »
Gonna try the river tomorrow for some cats. Only day  can get out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.