Author Topic: Duck!  (Read 1762 times)

Doubles Shooter

Duck!
« on: Mar 23, 2022, 06:23 PM »

taxid

Re: Duck!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2022, 06:46 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2022, 06:56 PM »
Wowsers...Just passing through I suppose.  I had a nearly identical situation when fishing out of my canoe
on Reelfoot lake. An invasive silver carp passed over about a foot in front of my face as it hurdled my Old Town.
It was so close I could smell it...

fish on,

rivereddy

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2022, 03:29 AM »

Holy crap that was a close call

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2022, 05:21 AM »
About 6 years ago, I was snowmobiling in Letchworth state park at night. I had a deer do that to me at 40 mph. Broke the windshield and cracked the hood and almost made me crap my pants.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Ive almost hit big carp jumping scooting along at 60 mph and it definetly is scary.  That clip is insane.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2022, 09:23 AM »
About 6 years ago, I was snowmobiling in Letchworth state park at night. I had a deer do that to me at 40 mph. Broke the windshield and cracked the hood and almost made me crap my pants.

Had that happen on my motorcycle back in the early 80’s..  Got lucky.  Could have been a lot worse. :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wallyworld

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2022, 05:27 AM »
Raquette.....glad you survived the encounter, lost a friend that way 15 or so years ago  :'(

jperch

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2022, 09:33 AM »
I don't know what kind of fish that is.  But the video seems strange to me.  How likely is it that the camera holder would capture the instant the fish came out of the water and smoothly follow its' path to the point it reenters the water?  The weirdest deer collision story I know was a lady I used to work with hit a nice buck as she was leaving work.  The buck went through her windshield and its' antlers cut her face, just missing an eye.  The buck was badly injured but very much alive.  She got out, the buck was inside thrashing around.  The police came and eventually shot the buck - in her car!

yankmyline

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2022, 02:16 PM »
In the 70's my brother had the same thing happen to him. He hit a deer and it came through the windshield of his 67 beetle. One leg got stuck in the steering wheel and cut him pretty bad. He called me to come and get him and when I got there he was covered in blood from head to toe. I drove him to the hospital in Sodus and when they cleaned him up he had scratches all over his head and a 4 inch cut on his chest. I think half of the blood was from the deer.

Tstel

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:02 PM »
Probably telling his fish buddies about the fisherman who got away

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Probably telling his fish buddies about the fisherman who got away

Good one!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.