FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye opener  (Read 6436 times)

62 & Done

Re: Walleye opener
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2022, 01:32 PM »
flukeman do you think a lot of guys went turkey hunting ? It was the same day.  this weekend may be a bunch busier and it is supposed to be another nice weekend.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2022, 05:23 PM »
If Sundays boat numbers are what we are going to see for openers, the walleyes are safe on Oneida. Least number of boats I've seen in a long time for an opener.

Will be a whole lot more boats this weekend either the tournament and all

Flukeman

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2022, 07:47 PM »
Not sure, I figured turkey played some role. It was pretty lumpy also, so the fair weather crowd may have taken a pass.

reeleyz

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2022, 01:49 AM »
If Sundays boat numbers are what we are going to see for openers, the walleyes are safe on Oneida. Least number of boats I've seen in a long time for an opener.

I was thinking the same thing. Sunday evening I think I saw 3 boats.

Last night I saw 1 boat.

Flukeman

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2022, 09:45 AM »
I think to there is a huge group of people not on forums and do not get DEC emails. They probably did not even realize it opened.

lowaccord66

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2022, 10:24 AM »
I think to there is a huge group of people not on forums and do not get DEC emails. They probably did not even realize it opened.

Very likely.  In CT we had a lake open this year that has been closed to ice fishing forever.  Full of giant seaforellen browns.  A few savy guys got on it this year and enjoyed some awesome fishing.

Hookset

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2022, 04:42 PM »
Figured there should be at least 1 walleye pic in the walleye thread. I'm not a big walleye guy but they're pretty common in the early spring through early summer where I fish on the Hudson. I catch them fishing for smallies quite often. They seem to love a 1/2oz Rat L Trap in the craw pattern. This one took a DT 16.

We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.