FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 2140 times)

swnoel

Thieves
« on: Apr 29, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Nothing surprises me anymore. My 85 year old buddy, who's trying to offset his SS by selling live bait at his home in Rochester, came home to all the bait in his tanks stolen! Not only did they steal all the live bait in his tanks , but the worms and crawlers he had in his refrigerator. What a sad country we've become.

AquaAssassin

Re: Thieves
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2022, 11:42 AM »
Wtffff! Keep me posted, I’m only down the road. Sending a PM
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Steve H.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2022, 12:16 PM »
Nothing surprises me anymore. My 85 year old buddy, who's trying to offset his SS by selling live bait at his home in Rochester, came home to all the bait in his tanks stolen! Not only did they steal all the live bait in his tanks , but the worms and crawlers he had in his refrigerator. What a sad country we've become.

Sad state of affairs.  And it will only get worse.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2022, 12:17 PM »
Where what bait shop I'll keep an ear out

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2022, 12:27 PM »
Wtffff! Keep me posted, I’m only down the road. Sending a PM

Frank, I take it this is the guy you told me about in the PM last year.  What a shame. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2022, 03:24 PM »
Awful.  Id throw a few bucks in to help him get back to it.  Get the man a ring camera or two.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2022, 04:45 PM »
Frank, I take it this is the guy you told me about in the PM last year.  What a shame.

That it is.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2022, 07:23 PM »
shame how low some people will go today they need to be taken out to adult wood shed

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2022, 05:34 AM »
We have Amish in our area that aren't always in their bait shops and take payment via an honor system. Usually it works but I know of one that got cleaned out of cash. I told him he needs a camera or even one that operates on a battery that has blinking light that doesn't actually work, but looks like it does. I think Walmart sells them.

When my dad worked for a telephone company the Amish phone booths were getting robbed. Believe it or not it turned out Amish kids were actually doing it. The Amish refused to turn them in so my dad's boss issued them an ultimatum: either turn them in our loose your pay phones. They turned them in. Now all the Amish have cell phones so I believe the phone booths are obsolete.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

swnoel

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 06:40 AM »
He does have a camera , but he didn't check the batteries and they went dead. Seems like the country is de-evolving into cave man times.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.