FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Guidance for using a fishfinder? Best fishfinder brand?  (Read 1471 times)

JvilleJay78

How goes guys?

I've been fishing for years, but never with a fishfinder. Need some guidance as to a couple of things.

What brand would you say is the best when it comes to fishfinders, and why? Any suggested models?

Also, any tips on use of the fishfinder? Found these helpful guides:

https://citimarinestore.com/citiguide/how-to-read-a-fish-finder-like-a-pro/

https://fishfinderbrand.com/how-to-read-fish-finder-screen/

Any info / direction would be much appreciated. Thank you guys

Mac Attack

Re: Guidance for using a fishfinder? Best fishfinder brand?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2022, 10:31 AM »
YouTube has TONS of videos

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2022, 11:41 AM »
First is a question...what are you fishing for and where?

I second what Mac said and add that Ive learned that for me there is no one unit that can shine all the time.  For example for laker jigging in open water I use livescope with the lvs32, livevu with a ps22 for deeper than 80 fow, I use a garmin 93sv at the consol and I still bring my vex if I am jigging deeper than 100. 

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2022, 12:00 PM »
One thing that when I upgraded my unit on my boat I looked around and looked into the Hummingbird with auto chart live so I could map some of the lakes that are around me without any maps available and that has helped me on specific spots fishing for Walleye as I can map them out and then stay on the contour the fish are hanging on easier, but the one thing that has helped me the most is the tracks while trolling, once I catch some fish I can turn around and go right back over where  I caught the fish and stay where they are without throwing out any markers and showing people what I am doing and have them move in and be able to follow my course.  That is the best thing I would say the Helix has done for me and I am still learning the side imaging and all that it has the capability of doing, the Mega Live and Panoptic are all cool and have watched guys using them around me and having the capability to watch your bottom bouncer or crank and see how the fish are reacting to it is cool as well, just depends on how much money you have to get into the game.

fishinjohn

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2022, 04:48 AM »
I have always been a lowrance guy until last year...
I put a helix 9 and a helix 7 on my new rig...
Easy to navigate through the menu and way better than the lowrance units I had!!!
I'll never go back

gotagetm

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2022, 06:45 AM »
X2 what john said I've always been a hummingbird guy, have few older models and the helix line is awesome to me !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.