FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: August....Spotty Rain, But Decent Brookie Action Area-Wide  (Read 3860 times)

lowaccord66

Re: August....Spotty Rain, But Decent Brookie Action Area-Wide
« Reply #15 on: Sep 01, 2022, 06:44 PM »
Thanks for the report I always look forward to reading them and congrats on the beautiful healthy grandson!! Here in Massachusetts we're a little more tightly packed and I get the angry property owners all too often. 99% of the time they call the cops and the cops have to explain to them that I'm doing nothing wrong by wading a river. I wish the rules on wading were a little more clear, I can't get straight answers from anyone I ask including police and EP's. For a long time I was under the impression that as long as I accessed the river legally and stayed in the water I could wade anywhere but apparently that's not the case since I was thrown off a river 2 years ago and told "if the property owner owns land on both sides of the river it becomes their property". But I've also heard conflicting things like moving water cannot be privately owned and that the town or state typically owns all rivers plus a floodplain surrounding them. And then I've also heard that the size of the river plays a roll which makes sense, I wouldn't expect to be welcomed on a 1 foot wide stream in some bodies back yard. I've basically given up on ever figuring it all out. The sad thing is that a lot of the property owners calling the cops on me are dumping trash around the river or damming it up for their kids to swim in and I'm there cleaning up trash and trying to keep the rivers intact for the next generation.

I have battled the great atate of mass on that very topic and it was a huge pia but worth it.  My issue was always the coast.  Cops called too many times when I was using easements then hiking the shore.....had to call coastal zoning management office and have them call the local cops to tell them to leave me alone.  Then the next time the property owner called I got the delight of listening to the cop tell him if he calls again I can press charges for harassment.  Never had to do that on a river.  Also tried to battle Monterey Mass for access to Lake Garfield in the winter.  State didnt want to touch it and the town manager was unrelenting so without legal representation I gave up. 

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2022, 07:09 PM »
It always good to hear a story of a big win!  ;D   Thanks, Jon.

Then the next time the property owner called I got the delight of listening to the cop tell him if he calls again I can press charges for harassment.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Sep 17, 2022, 07:35 AM »
Are the dark brookies always dark like that out of that stream or is it a phenomenon associated with the low warmer water levels? I ask because in aquaculture a dark fish is usually either a stressed fish or a fish that is blind in at least one eye due to parasites.

As always thanks for sharing and congrats to the new grandchild!

And I won't even get started on property owners. I have a neighbor that is paranoid about property lines and has put up a piece of vertical PVC and orange spray paint to mark a property line that is clearly marked with survey stakes. And this when I was taking down a fence NOT putting one up!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 18, 2022, 10:19 AM »
Thanks. 

I get quite a few Brookies at a couple spots that are very dark whenever  you catch them in undercuts or other hiding places.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2022, 03:02 AM »
Thanks. 

I get quite a few Brookies at a couple spots that are very dark whenever  you catch them in undercuts or other hiding places.

So they are mimicking their background.

Thanks for responding.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.