FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So what's your low round for the year?  (Read 51936 times)

Pikeguy

Re: So what's your low round for the year?
« Reply #45 on: Apr 27, 2006, 01:01 PM »
I ended last year as an 11...not so good yet this spring. I have to keep telling myself it's early. Played last night and shot a pair of 43's :-\ Couldn't get myself into a rythym and my timing was off. Dipping one shoulder and pushing the ball. Can't make a putt. etc :-\ :'(  It'll perk up one of thesee days though. That's the beauty of golf ;)

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 04:04 AM »
Tou card my arse. I still shot 88! :'(  lol 38 on the front and 48 on the back. Should have been good, but I got the shanks out of no-where on our #1 hardest hole, made a 9 and things went downhill. lol. Shanks suck! >:( I'm an 11 handicap and 88 doesn't cut it ;D

That's when the foot comes in handy.  ;) ;)

My max is always double par per hole, then I move on.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Hey played some great courses in WNY and shot a 93 and 92, both respectable for the course.
Played a Trent Jones course Glen Oaks and shot a 110 with 25 MPH wind and sunday pin placements on monday?????
Guys I played with were cusing left and right when they saw the pins on breaks and on the edge of the greens.
Guess it will help the handicap!!
Internet heros give it a rest!

Muskie Matt

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 10:12 AM »
I've been fortunate to play many different courses all over the country.  It's tough to go low when you only see the course once but mine is a 78 at True Blue (S.C.) from the tips (almost 6,900) before it was dumbed down.  What's better in life then fishing and golf?

Pikeguy

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 10:19 AM »
I've been fortunate to play many different courses all over the country.  It's tough to go low when you only see the course once but mine is a 78 at True Blue (S.C.) from the tips (almost 6,900) before it was dumbed down.  What's better in life then fishing and golf?

Nothing  ;)

Pikeguy

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Played last night in the WIND...man it was blowing. Got off to a slow start and battled back with par birdie par par to shoot 39...Got feelin pretty good and proceeded to shoot a flippin 52 on the back. :-\ :'( Worst nine holes I've played in years.  >:(

Muskie Matt

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 07:01 AM »
You're not alone Pikeguy.  It's amazing how different nice holes can be.

grumpymoe

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 08:52 PM »
honest to gawd truth...about 24 yrs ago I went golfing for the very first time....(I whacked alot of balls at the practice range before doing that)....but I shot a 96 the very first time out........my PB is 62.......Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           the 2nd hole really ran my card up!!!....Grump  :blink: :blink: :blink:

Buckski

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Dying to get out to do both, golf and Fish this lovely memorial day weekend!

Pikeguy

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2006, 10:19 AM »
Dying to get out to do both, golf and Fish this lovely memorial day weekend!

Same here. My golf game stinks at the moment though  :-\

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Low for the year  - 78 - with a quadruple on the 17th  >:(

White tees though  8)
   &  Bass

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Serious question here - how in the hell do you have time to golf?  With three kids I can't ever find time to golf.  What little free time I have is spent with a rod or shotgun or rifle in my hands.  Golfing would just take time away from fishing or hunting.

I guess if I think back ten years to being single...... there were weekends where I would play golf AND hunt or fish.... 

carpcatcher

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 08:40 AM »
Prioritize Scansy, This weekend I have a big tourney coming up that pays around 1000 bucks to win so hopefully my partner's and my game are on ;)
        Jim
Love 2 fish

Buckski

« Reply #58 on: Jun 01, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Yep I got a scambble this weekend, they give ya a case of beer to start out with. YEP to start.
Playing with two superintentens from private course and a salesmen who is a neighbor. Iam the second low man( high score). Last few years we have finished in the top three. Lost to insane cheating scores, Thats what I hate about those scrambles cheating city, were just going out to get BUZZZED and whack a little aggravating ball around, hopefully make some good shots.

Yeah I have three boys and they are 2 4year old and one four month, golf is low on the priority list!

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #59 on: Jun 01, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Shot a 103 the other day. Took a 9 on the first hole!  I did have a 300+ drive with my 3 wood that made my day a little better. At least I know I can hit the ball every 5th shot. My short game killed me. I couldn't chip or pitch to save my life.

Keep it in the short stuff!

RWR

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.