FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 2541 times)

Anchorman

Trapping
« on: Nov 21, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Hey all,
I've got a buddy that has decided to take up trapping,in the later years of his life. He's in his upper 40's, and
is on his 2nd full year. Funny enough I got a call from him last year one afternoon. He was sitting in his living room, self-instructing himself on setting traps....... ;D ;D
It seems he went out and bought a half dozen new #3 victor yote traps, and proudly had one set, with good pan tension, etc.
Well here comes fluffy the cat charging across the living room, oblivious to the set trap. 
My buddies first reaction was to swat the cat away from the trap, and in doing so, laid his mitt right on the pan.
You can imagine his next reaction. In the midst of the flat fingers with meat coming out the sides of the trap(his words ;D) he calls me because he can't get it off. 
After I was done rolling around on the floor, I went over, and he had finally got his hand out. He had excessive bruising, but no breaks.
I'm not sure if there are any moral to the story lectures, but I just had to share the story, as I always get a chuckle out of it.
Anchorman

devil-man

Re: Trapping
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2005, 01:16 PM »
OUCH! He should have tested it on the cat, lol.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2005, 04:52 PM »
i would have definitely let the cat hit the pan...lol  :evil:

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2005, 05:37 PM »
ouch but thats funny
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

pondpro

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:26 PM »
lol thats one lucky cat.
Tommy G.

Fishingking

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:09 PM »
WoW what are these traps designed for?? I would assume it would of crushed his hands.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2006, 10:40 PM »
WoW what are these traps designed for?? I would assume it would of crushed his hands.
[/quote/]

Anchorman said a "#3 victor yote traps" wish means its made for coyotes so it woudlent do that much damange, just cause some pain for a while. if it was say a 330 connibear it would probably break his arm
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2008, 07:36 PM »
[/quote/]

Anchorman said a "#3 victor yote traps" wish means its made for coyotes so it woudlent do that much damange, just cause some pain for a while. if it was say a 330 connibear it would probably break his arm
this is a good point traps may cause some pain but not horrably like many people think

Bigfish57

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:21 AM »
Yeah using the appropriate trap for the game your after makes a big difference. #3 on a cat isn't s good idea but will not damage a yote to any serious degree.
I took a beaver foot hold to the fingers this winter and a 160 Coni. across the top of my hand in a fisher set. Conibears are good at what there are suppose to do.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.