FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: slip bobber  (Read 12425 times)

crappieman12887

Re: slip bobber
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:30 PM »
Here is a pic of some slipbobbers.  The line passes through the bobber like a slip sinker rig.  You put a stop on the line at whatever depth you want and the stop passes through the guides so you can cast.  That's it.
[/img]
[/img]
hay look its slipbob [hey and i thought you got your name from slipping on the ice alot ]i didnt know it was because you are a peace of foam on a stick.just joken with ya .bill

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:36 PM »
Thanks for the pics. I was planning to get some dental floss (read about it in another post here on MFF) to make a knot for the stop on the light line I usually use.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2004, 05:34 AM »
Slip bobbers eh?

There's a few in my collection....a few dozen......or more.....OK!... I'm addicted to bobbers too! I make them, buy them, collect them from trees along banks, find them floating in the water..... :P

I use a nail knot tied on the shaft of a plastic Q-Tip for making my bobber stop.

Here's how
thread the line through the Q-Tip

slip the knot to the end of the Q-Tip

Slide the knot off the Q-Tip

Pull the tag ends tight

Clip the tag ends close

Voila...use a plastic bead of appropriate size to protect the knot and stop the bobber's travel. I like a barrel swivel and leader below the bobber to stop the bobber above the bait for casting. This also keeps the line from getting twisted on retrieve.

Try them...you'll like them.
RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:10 AM »
let me guess RG. the snoopy bobber is your favorite? haha.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2004, 07:23 AM »
Snoopy is only used when I fish with my partner "The Old Man". It drives him crazy.

Snoopy lies on his back in the water and stands up when I get a bite. ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seaweed01

« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2004, 04:00 PM »
RG,
You can also use a little piece of hollow plastic tubing. I use the same
system you do.
Also the only thing missing from your bobber collection is Mickey to keep
Snoopy company.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:47 PM »
RG,

How easily can you slide the knot on your line to adjust bobber location / fishing depth. Any concern about friction and the heat from sliding the knot reducing light line strength?

-Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2004, 03:12 AM »
Reelcharacter,
I use many different kinds of line for these knots. My favorite is a waxed nylon thread used for sewing  leather.

They slide pretty easily  and don't damage the line that I've found. Just make sure to use enough wraps on your nail knot.....6 or so....it makes the knot a bit longer and easier to deal with.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.