FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Gander Outdoors in Dickson City  (Read 4716 times)

chris458wm

Gander Outdoors in Dickson City
« on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:51 AM »
I stopped by Gander Outdoors this morning and over all it's not too bad.  There is no ice fishing stuff which didn't surprise me since the season is over for us.  Their variety of ammo beats Field and Stream's big time.
 They have a bunch of rifles and handguns but the brands are limited.  Their selection of lures is somewhat limited but not too bad considering they just opened and the selection of rods and reels is pretty limited.  Over all their prices are pretty decent and way better than Gander Mountain's was.  All of their employees said hello, were friendly, and asked if I needed any help finding anything.Over all if they get more variety of lures, rods, and reels I'd say Field and Stream better step up big time other wise Gander Outdoors will be putting a major hurting on them.  It seems that they got at least some what of an education from Gander Mountain going down the tubes but time will tell.

fishon12

Re: Gander Outdoors in Dickson City
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Good to hear maybe there is some potential for the new stores.

Spider1

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:21 AM »
it's the same old same old. A month from now you'll walk in there and they will ignore you the same as anywhere else, LOL!

chris458wm

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Maybe so but I must admit I was surprised which isn't an easy thing for a store to do to me.  Sure there's some things I wish they would've had and some that they had that I'd never buy but they seem like they're trying to earn business.  The best thing that can happen is they end up trying to beat Field and Stream and the both of them end up ramping up their competition against the other one.  Sadly it seems like when one of the big box stores opens up they think they can make it off of their name rather opposed to having good prices and products people want rather than what the bean counters think we should have or they like. 

CowDawg

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:12 PM »
I was there this past Saturday..  my feelings were it's setup exactly the same as the old store was.  nothing really spectacular in my eyes.
I'm not really looking for any gear right now as I think I'm stocked up pretty well..... BUT time will tell and the Sales Flyers will be what draws me there...

Still can't beat the online sales and mailed right to the door....  ;D   

I did buy another new Flipover for the ice today for next season. and another one last week that I sold already !!!! ::) ::) 
This was an end of the year online sale I was searching for...   I'm ready for the Ice next year !!! :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

chris458wm

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:45 PM »
What shelter did you get and sell?

CowDawg

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:54 AM »
What shelter did you get and sell?

Sold my Shappell FX150 and an Eskimo Wide One I just picked up and bought an Otter XT Hideout...  :D

Spider1

« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Got rid of the wide one! I like that Otter, I gotta check it out sometime... but it probably won't be until next Christmas, lol!

CowDawg

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Don't wait till next Christmas Spider!!  It's all about the end of the season sales !!

chris458wm

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:08 PM »
I've been giving some serious thought to getting an Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno, it looks like a really nice shelter and I like the fact that it's fully insulated, has a big sled for all my gear, and the price isn't too bad.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one and starting to save up for one in case I decide to.  How did you like it?

Spider1

« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2018, 05:51 AM »
Don't wait till next Christmas Spider!!  It's all about the end of the season sales !!

no dude, I'm happy with my clam. I meant that I wanna check out your otter but I probably won't get the chance until next season. Next time I see ya we'll be sitting on the side of the river hauling in cats or paddling our kayaks.

chris458wm

« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2018, 07:13 PM »
CowDawg, how did you like the Wide 1 Inferno?

CowDawg

« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:46 PM »
CowDawg, how did you like the Wide 1 Inferno?

Chris... sent you a PM..

chris458wm

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Chris... sent you a PM..

I got it, thanks Pal.

bobama

« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2018, 05:31 PM »
How is their selection of plastics do they have the gander brand again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor