FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missed a slammer today, what a rush!!!!!!  (Read 1596 times)

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
Missed a slammer today, what a rush!!!!!!
« on: Apr 25, 2010, 07:43 PM »
So Kathy tells me to go for a while and fish.  So I head over to the Chu with the fly rod.  Second cast the rod loads up and I think I'm caught on the bottom for a second.  Then the run.  Right away I realize this is gong to be a PB fish for me. It was looking good and the fight was on.  I kept the tension on and I thought I had him.  He rises into a huge swirl his head comes up and it's over.  Nice laker.  What a rush!!!!!!!!  One hour later another hit and a miss.  Finally a bluegill took pity on me and I landed it.  All in all a good afternoon.  Maybe next time.  I not going to post a pic because the streamer may have been bigger than the bluegill.  LOL.   
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: Missed a slammer today, what a rush!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Thats great you got out. Sorry you missed the laker. I know it was bigger than Don's ;D ;D
There is always next time. Heading for bed Gobble Gobble.

JDiperrio

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Nice job Jim to bad you missed it. Sorry about missing your call Dick Ill give a a ring in the am
John

drl823

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Wow Jim a nice laker on a fly rod...what a rush is right!!!!! Must have felt good anyways. Sounds like you are getting the hang of flycasting, when you get back from Maine you will be a seasoned veteran and we will have to get out there.

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2010, 11:09 PM »
So Kathy tells me to go for a while and fish.  So I head over to the Chu with the fly rod.  Second cast the rod loads up and I think I'm caught on the bottom for a second.  Then the run.  Right away I realize this is gong to be a PB fish for me. It was looking good and the fight was on.  I kept the tension on and I thought I had him.  He rises into a huge swirl his head comes up and it's over.  Nice laker.  What a rush!!!!!!!!  One hour later another hit and a miss.  Finally a bluegill took pity on me and I landed it.  All in all a good afternoon.  Maybe next time.  I not going to post a pic because the streamer may have been bigger than the bluegill.  LOL.   

looks like you have the lucky horseshoe now. keep on it man. must be hard to get a good hookset with a fly rod? how did you know it was a laker did it come out of the water? the one's that you miss are the one's you remember forever. pm me if you are you going down there again any time this week. i'm off during the week for vaca.

unoman

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Nice job Jimmy.....K

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2010, 05:37 PM »
Kathys words were still ringing off the walls and your out the door,she must be likemy wife(a saint),sorryabout the missed laker.

GOT PIKE

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:14 PM »
You retirees pizz me off,      Sling your ook jimmy sling your ook.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish ya get rid of him for a weekend....................... your wife.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.