FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye Whackfest  (Read 2958 times)

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
Walleye Whackfest
« on: Apr 18, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Got out on Lake Erie today with a few friends.  Picked a perfect day to get out.  Weather was sunny and winds calm, waves were less than 1 foot all day.  We ended up getting our 4 man limit and did some catching and releasing afterwards.  Purple was the hot color for me today.  Seemed like all of the locals with Ohio tags on their boats were using green jigs but purple seemed to fool several for me.  Majority of my fish were caught just with the jig without any bait.  Here are a few pics from today. 
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

stinkybaits

Re: Walleye Whackfest
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Sweet!! If anyone deserves a perfect day it's you for the amount of hours you work. Good haul!!!

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Sounds and looks like you all haf a good time!! Glad you guys had great sucess! Nice gettin' em with no bait!

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Suprised to see gold instead of the usual chrome!

Be pro

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2015, 10:03 PM »
Congrats nice lookin fish

Captain1978

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2015, 11:46 PM »
Hey pal....Some very beautiful looking Walters right there!!! Good for you.......
El Capitano

wallin

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Great job, love that place.
Luv the pics. Friends got some 11 lbers in the last week over there.
Congrats on some nice fish.
Wallin

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2015, 12:30 PM »
WOW ! ! ! Great pics.  Nice to see a "few" of your friends were there too.  Looks like if a boat sank you could always walk back to shore.  Just asking, is there any problems that pop up with that many boats so close together? or do most boats respect each other pretty much?

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Awsome job! Im here now for two weekends in a row. Bite still going good.

Boomer- never really any big issues with the boat numbers, every once in a while get a cheese head or iowegion, or minnesotan that blasts right through the pack on plane. Trolling gets tricky on calm days with guys setting i-pilots then tourning around to watch boards all morning and not other traffic. Trolling numbers are getting heavier as each year goes by.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

chicagill34

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2015, 07:38 AM »
Nice Eyes..Did you even need those stinger hooks today??..lol

Get_the_Net

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2015, 08:12 AM »
WOW ! ! ! Great pics.  Nice to see a "few" of your friends were there too.  Looks like if a boat sank you could always walk back to shore.  Just asking, is there any problems that pop up with that many boats so close together? or do most boats respect each other pretty much?

We did not sink the boat, but had to be towed in after something real bad happened to the motor on the Ranger.  1000's of boats out there and we fished with the cowling off for several hours and not a single person asked if we needed a tow or assistance of any kind.  Pretty sad.  Once I find out what the issue is with the motor + the 700.00 tow bill, that will be the most expensive 70lbs of walleye ever.   ;D

Fishking tried to score a new rod when another boat got a bit close as he or the other guy got tangled and both were pulling thinking it was as fish.   :D  It was all good as they reeled it in got the tangle off and tossed his lure back in the water.   

It was a good time despite the engine issue and tow and was the first time I had been there for the jig bite.  I got schooled by Fishking and fasttimeracing as the ones I hooked came unbuttoned before the net could get them.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2015, 12:07 PM »
Congrats, thats on my bucket list.

tightliner812

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Nice job looks like it was a beautiful day on the big lake .

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Nice Eyes..Did you even need those stinger hooks today??..lol

Yep, I've only fished Erie but twice but both times caught several fish on the stinger.  I'd rather use the stinger and no bait than just the jig with the bait.  I told em on the way up there we didn't need to use bait then the guy that towed us in saw our minnow bucket and laughed at us and said "only out of towners use bait"  Several fish hit the stinger hook.  Last time I was there I had to buy the stinger separately but this time they were already on there.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Weather isin't looking too good for fishing tomorrow so after I change the spark plug, oil, and get the mower ready I'm going to start working on the video so hopefully by tomorrow evening I will have a video from the trip up.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.